Saturday, November 24, 2018

Saturday 9 - Black Magic Woman


We didn't have much Black Magic around here this week.  How about you?

I'm happy to be joining in today with Samantha for



Black Magic Woman













Welcome to Saturday: 9

Saturday 9: Black Magic Woman (1970)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune: Hear it here.


1) Black is this week's signature color because Friday, November 23, was "Black Friday," when retailers cut their prices and consumers flock to the stores. Did you score any "Black Friday" bargains?

I didn't do any Black Friday shopping except at the grocery store.

2) On busy shopping days,  carts often litter parking lots. After loading your items into your car, are you careful to return your shopping cart to the store or the designated cart receptacle?

I am pretty consistent about returning my cart to a designated place in the parking lot.  It's such a simple thing to do and keeps others from having to maneuver their cars around a buggy left in a parking slot. 

3) Who on your gift list is hardest to buy for?

My grandchildren have become the hardest to buy for.  With one exception, they are all adults and need and want for nothing.  The past few years I have given them money, but this year am thinking seriously of making a donation to a worthy cause in their name.  That's yet to be decided though.

4) Feasting and football are also popular Thanksgiving weekend pastimes. Do your Thursday-Sunday plans include enjoying leftovers or watching a game?

We will do both.  The Saints played on Thanksgiving night, so we traveled back from Dallas in time to watch.  Of course, there will be more leftovers eaten while watching the LSU Tigers on Saturday.  Friday night was leftovers to accompany a Hallmark movie.

5) Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade is an annual event. It began in 1924 as a local event in New York. Today it's nationally televised. Did you watch it?

No, we didn't watch but I did get a text from a friend who lives in Manhattan and was watching the parade with her family from inside.  She said it was bitter cold there.  She also sent a picture of the parade from her perch above the street.
  
6) What did you give thanks for on Thanksgiving 2018?


For the abundance of God's grace in our lives and those of our family.  We gave Him thanks for His mercies and protection this year.  Since we had grandchildren traveling abroad and in other states, we gave Him thanks for their safety. 

My desire is to become more conscious of giving grace without ceasing, and giving God all the praise and glory for wonders He performs every day. 

7) At the first Thanksgiving, there were no forks. Pilgrims ate with spoons and knives, and forks didn't become popular until the 18th century. Think about your Thanksgiving place setting. Did you have both a salad and a dinner fork? 

No we didn't because we didn't have separate salad plates.



This is the beautiful dining room at our daughter's home where she and her family were our gracious hosts.


8) Pies are a popular Thanksgiving dessert. What kind of pie did you enjoy? Or did you have ice cream? Or did you skip dessert?

My daughter's mother-in-law made a pecan (pronounced pa-con) pie that was delicious.  I also had a sliver of pumpkin pie that was also very good.
  
9) This week's featured band, Santana, was named for its founder, Carlos Santana. He was born in Mexico. When at a Mexican restaurant, what do you usually order?


Enchiladas are my favorite and I usually get a mixture of chicken and beef with both cheese and queso sauce.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

7 comments:

  1. My New York friends commented that they'd never seen the balloons so low to the ground. Because of the wind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of giving to a worthy cause! You're reinforcing the season of giving, and showing your respect for what matters to the recipient.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Saints! I think they are going to the Superbowl! They are so good!
    I have been watching the Hallmark movies too. I watch them all year long, but Christmas is my favorite.
    What a beautiful table your daughter set up! The pie sounds wonderful! I loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giving to a worthy cause is a great idea! I think about doing that and then signing us all up to serve at the food pantry on the holiday. Oh, and your daughter's dining room is beautiful...so serene and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you all were able to share Thanksgiving with atleast one of your children. Yes, Christy's dining room is just beautiful as is her entire house I'm sure. Blessings abundant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been a long time since we gave gifts to the 'kids' to open. We have been doing gift cards for the last 5-6 years. We rarely see them and have no idea what they would like or need. Sigh. The good ol' days are gone. I enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. After a certain period of time I think it becomes difficult for children and parents to give gifts to one another. We all have too much stuff anyway.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.