Monday, October 7, 2024

Loving My Fall Home

Doesn't everyone love fall decor?


If you're like me, we wait for September or, if you can put it off, October to put out those favorite little touches that remind us of autumn and cooler days to come.

My touches seem to get less and less every year; however, I need my favorites where I can see them and feel at home.  So, let me share these favorites with you.


This simple little grouping on our round table holds my little velvet pumpkins and a fall-scented candle.


I love the combination of these beautiful glass pumpkins with the heirloom antique books and Bibles.  The mixed texture and color contrasts speak to me and bring warmth to my otherwise cold stone fireplace.




The other end of the mantel is anchored with this more colorful grouping.




In a corner of the living room is this round table that is seasonally dressed for fall.  The plaid drape repeats the colors from the mantel and adds its own warmth to the room.


Baskets bring their own touch of fall to your decor and this faux fall arrangement is a favorite to use in various groupings.  I love the touch of this sweet little tea cup and saucer, a gift from a dear friend several years ago.  It's things like this that make a house a home.


The touch of teal is complimentary and breaks up the browns and oranges while bringing interest to the white sofa.  This color also repeats teal colors in original paintings on the walls.  


This snuggly throw was made by a favorite aunt many years ago and brings warm color to my little sofa in the sunroom.  I love throw pillows and especially these silk embroidery ones that were found at an antique store with my sweet sisters years ago.  It brings back special memories that are important to me.  That's being at home in the space you call home. 



Faux fur and animal prints also help say "Fall Is Here!" and bring a touch of class and warmth to a room.


This sweet vintage dish which contains a handmade candle by my granddaughter, Cassidy will always have a place in my home.  Remember, it doesn't have to be fancy, just meaningful.

So, this is my fall decor and I hope you have gotten a sense of warmth and love from visiting our little place that we love calling "HOME!"

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

2 comments:

  1. Love it all. Our porch is decked for fall and that is all. I've gotten so bad about seasonal decor. I love my regular decor and just don't care to add any seasonal touches to it. But, I sure do like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely decorations. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.