We are just 4 Hodgepodges short of 350. Can you believe Joyce has been bringing a group of us bloggers together once a week this many times?
Thank you Joyce.
Click HERE to meet the other Wednesday Hodgepodge participants.
1. What's a word that describes your life? A word you wish described your life?
I wouldn't want it any other way.
2. Back in my day we___________________________________?
Respected authority; played outdoors from daylight to dark; never locked a door; ate watermelons in the field; prayed in school; curled our hair with bobby pens and orange juice cans; caught crayfish in a ditch; went on family picnics instead of vacation trips
3. When it comes to takeout are you more likely to opt for Italian, Mexican, or Chinese food? Does a typical week at your house include takeout?
None of the above. The only takeout we do, maybe once a week is either Mediterranean or Chipotle.
4. Think about the people you most respect. What is it about them that earned your respect?
Their honesty and sincerity. That they built their life on Godly principles and never wavered. Their being able to relate to me on whatever level I was at the time, whether a child or adult.
5. What's something your friends might see and say is 'so you'?
I had to do some research on this one, so got feedback from both family and friends.
- A granddaughter said "A smart-looking outfit and pretty skin."
- Another said a long tunic and outdoor photography reminds her of me.
- Both my sisters agreed on things having to do with pretty objects, clothes and interior design.
- My daughter's answer was things in jewel tones, and gilt as well as fine china pieces and glassware and other pretties that I like to have around.
- My DIL said a rocking chair, art galleries, anything elegant and classy, and beauty products.
- A friend responded with "the color orange!" She also added objects that are "simple and elegant with appealing design."
- Another friend said anything beautiful
So, there you go.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
We got our little back porch screened in today. Almost!
These are before pictures and then the after. I just know I am going to love living out there.
They still need to finish the screens and after the thunderstorms expected tonight we will remove the covers from the chairs and get everything prettied up. Aren't the azaleas beginning to look colorful? Yes, Spring is Springing.