Thursday, July 14, 2016

Blogging Anniversary First Post

I recently celebrated my fifth year of blogging.  When I started, I had no idea what I was doing or how long it would last.  It has been interesting to look back and see how the blog has evolved.

I have done several series featuring different things such as image, wardrobe planning, local businesses and special ladies.  But mostly, my blog has been an avenue of sharing my life, both good and not so good.

It has remained the creative outlet I had hoped it would be.  As it continues to evolve, I trust this will remain; however when it is no longer something that brings joy and a creative expression, I will close it down.

This was my very first post:

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Welcome to My Blog!

First of all, we must be clear about one thing.  I am not an expert on any subject and that especially includes the topic of this blog.  That being said, although I am not an expert or even close to being one, the topic of "Beauty Without/Within" has been a major interest and concern of mine for many years.  Back in the 80's during the Color Analysis era, I had my own business called, "Color Me a Season."  During this time, I had the opportunity to speak to groups of women all across my state about not only how to enhance their natural beauty, but also what God's Word says about the beauty that comes from within.  This was such a rewarding time for me and I like to think it may have also benefited a few ladies along the way.

As is so often the case with self-employment, self runs out of time to do all self would like or needs to do, thus the demise of "Color Me a Season" ala Libby Day.  However, this did not end my interest and study of the subject.  As is often God's plan, we have to take zigzag steps in order to begin taking forward steps, and this is how I look at that period of my life.

At the right time, the Lord opened the door for me to begin taking some baby steps back into the public speaking arena.  My first opportunity was to co-present a professional development seminar for my peers.  My topic was how to put together a Working Wardrobe.  The following year, I was asked to present again on a regional basis, then on a state level for the Louisiana Technical College System.  This opened other doors of opportunities that eventually led to my presenting to the Executive Assistants for the Louisiana Department of Education.  Shortly after this event, I was side-lined because of other job responsibilities.

Now that I am retired, I do not believe the Lord is finished with me, but has only prepared me for other opportunities of service.  As Zig Ziglar says, "Not retired, but refired!"  This blog is one avenue for me, and I look forward to sharing some interesting tid-bits about practical wardrobe planning, clothing trends and styles, as well as image concepts as we talk about how to enhance our God-given beauty without.

But, for the truly beautiful woman there is always that beauty that comes from within.  So, we will always be looking at Biblical truths and see what God's Word has to say.

So, come back often and contribute to the discussion.  My opinions will never be the final word on a subject.


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

5 comments:

  1. Happy "Blogiversary", Libby! Your first post was great! Hopefully, you are still enjoying the process, because I look forward to your posts. Hope you are still recuperating nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogversary, Libby!! Wishes for many more years to come...have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blogversary! I am so glad you posted your first post and how you came to blog. I found it very interesting! And I know that yours is one I love to read as I not only find interesting topics and information, but a wise lady who lady who shares her love of God and family, and who I've come to know as a friend. Looking forward to many more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy "Blogversary", Libby!!! I love that you share faith! I always like to incorporate faith into my posts! Our loving Heavenly Father is our foundation! Wishing you many more years of successful blogging! Pam @ Everyday Living

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy "Blogiversary", Libby! You are always so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.