Wednesday, March 28, 2018

A Thought Provoking Hodgepodge

We are just 4 Hodgepodges short of 350.  Can you believe Joyce has been bringing a group of us bloggers together once a week this many times?

Thank you Joyce.

Click HERE to meet the other Wednesday Hodgepodge participants.

From this Side of the Pond

1. What's a word that describes your life? A word you wish described your life?


I wouldn't want it any other way.

2. Back in my day we___________________________________?

Respected authority; played outdoors from daylight to dark; never locked a door; ate watermelons in the field; prayed in school; curled our hair with bobby pens and orange juice cans; caught crayfish in a ditch; went on family picnics instead of vacation trips


3. When it comes to takeout are you more likely to opt for Italian, Mexican, or Chinese food? Does a typical week at your house include takeout?

None of the above.  The only takeout we do, maybe once a week is either Mediterranean or Chipotle.
 
4. Think about the people you most respect. What is it about them that earned your respect?

Their honesty and sincerity.  That they built their life on Godly principles and never wavered. Their being able to relate to me on whatever level I was at the time, whether a child or adult.  

5. What's something your friends might see and say is 'so you'?

I had to do some research on this one, so got feedback from both family and friends.

  • A granddaughter said "A smart-looking outfit and pretty skin."
  • Another said a long tunic and outdoor photography reminds her of me.
  • Both my sisters agreed on things having to do with pretty objects, clothes and interior design.
  • My daughter's answer was things in jewel tones, and gilt as well as fine china pieces and glassware and other pretties that I like to have around.
  • My DIL said a rocking chair, art galleries, anything elegant and classy, and beauty products.
  • A friend responded with "the color orange!"  She also added objects that are "simple and elegant with appealing design."
  • Another friend said anything beautiful
So, there you go.


6.  Insert your own random thought here.

So excited!
We got our little back porch screened in today.  Almost!

These are before pictures and then the after.  I just know I am going to love living out there.



AFTER


They still need to finish the screens and after the thunderstorms expected tonight we will remove the covers from the chairs and get everything prettied up.  Aren't the azaleas beginning to look colorful?  Yes, Spring is Springing.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

10 comments:

  1. Enjoy your porch. I used to spend the majority of my time out in the one we had in Texas. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a joy that porch will be! I would love something like that. I liked what your family said about you...it sounds like we have similar tastes. I'm loving the tunics that are in style now and I'm trying to buy them up while I can still find them. I'll be wearing them long after they've gone out of fashion again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I read one of your posts I think the same thing...we'd be great friends. We think so much alike. If I had the time yesterday I wanted to do the same thing and ask others what reminds them of me, lol. LOVED the answers you go. The porch is a dream! I'd be living out there too. Have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your porch was beautiful before but it will be like having an extra room in your house when it's finished! I know you will love it. I really enjoyed and agreed with your answers today...very thought provoking questions this week for sure. May have a happy & blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A porch is always such a wonderful thing! I'm looking forward to when our snow is gone, the weather warms up, and we can enjoy ours again. It was fun reading your family's 'take' on what's 'so you.' That was a great idea! Have a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We live on our screened porch and know you will love spending time on yours! We've got color on the ground here but gray skies abound. So ready for the sun to peek through. Hubs is cleaning the boat and dropping it in the water today though, so we're getting close to my favorite time of year. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love your screened porch and all the beautiful flowers! My goodness!!! It would be fabulous to sit out there and have coffee in the morning and dessert in the evening! Elegant and classy would be my description of you! Happy and blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I would agree with all that "is you." And, love your porch and know you all will enjoy it so much. I think we are going to get some of the drop down screens for our back porch due to the intense sun in the evenings. Happy Easter to you and Dick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those were definitely the days when we were growing up! Chipotle is a great choice. How wonderful to have your porch screened in....enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that screened porch is fabulous! I am sure I would start my day and end my day right there. Enjoyed the hodgepodge. I relate to all your answers! Blessings and hugs~

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.