Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Springing Forward Toward Spring





Thank you for joining us again this week for another dose of
Wednesday Hodgepodge.  Click HERE to meet the other bloggers who answered the below questions.

From this Side of the Pond

1. Best place you've been lately?

I spent some time with my two sisters last week which was so nice and something we all needed.

This past weekend our daughter and husband and our granddaughter #6 came from Dallas for a couple days.  I can't tell you how much we enjoyed having them here.
So, I think the best place I've been lately is in the company of family.  Nothing better!


2. What's something you should say yes to today? Or this week? Or even this year?

We are already pretty far along in the process of changing our eating and life-style to one more heart healthy.  However, it is a daily commitment so I see myself saying YES to low/no sodium, sugar, etc. for the rest of my life.

 
3. Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day in any way, shape, or form? If so tell us how. In Western cultures the color green is typically associated with jealousy, nature, good luck, and growth. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word 'green'?

Do not celebrate at all.  The first thing that comes to mind when I hear green is $$$$$$$$$$!


4. What's a product or service you love so much you'd happily be their spokesperson? Tell us what makes you such a fan.


I discovered this shoe a couple years ago when planning a trip that would involve some walking.  I wanted something comfortable but that also didn't look like "tennis shoes".  I found this pair of Bzee's at Dillards for $70 and am now the proud owner of two pairs.  I love that they are so extremely light weight that you don't even know they are on your feet and yet they offer such amazing support and comfort.  Not the prettiest shoe, but definitely the most comfortable and my all-time go-to shoes for every day year round.  
You can find them online HERE.


5. March 14th is Pi Day. How are your math skills? What's the last thing you did that required math of any kind? And most importantly do you like pie? What's your favorite kind? With ice cream, whipped cream, or please hold the cream?


WHAT MATH SKILLS?


I believe in putting all the info into Excel and let it do it's thing.  The last thing I did that required math (to the extent I do math) was to finalize the Excel spreadsheet I maintain all year of income and expenses for tax purposes.
See #2 above.  No pie on this eating plan!!!


6.  Insert your own random thought here.


Spring has not completely sprung yet, but it is springing here in Northwest Louisiana.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

11 comments:

  1. Nothing is better than family time. I love that cartoon, Elizabeth. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like wonderful family time .We'll be getting lots of that in the next couple months. Those shoes sound great. We too have changed the way we eat, with an occasional splurge. It feels so much better doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy you've recently enjoyed some good family time! The shoes look interesting. I may have to check them out as I've always had trouble with my feet and finding a good shoe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous springy photos, Elizabeth! How fun it is to spend time with family. My sisters are all hours away in OH and I would truly love to be able to spend some time all 4 of them. The cartoon is funny...math has never been my strong suit either! I am looking forward to seeing some more green around here for sure...money would be nice but I was referring to the grass and trees...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the cartoon! Good luck with your eating plan. I'm sure it's challenging, but will soon be a habit. We're enjoying signs of spring here too, although it could definitely warm up a little. Not complaining though because the town we moved from has had literal feet of snow in the past two weeks. ugh! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hats off to a more healthy eating plan. Know that takes some real commitment! I probably need to check out those shoes for my NYC trip in May. Nothing worse than hurting feet! We're looking forward to our family time next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There truly is value in a good, comfortable shoe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely going to check out those shoes since we have an overseas trip planned later in the year. Healthy eating and family time both are winners in my book....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! That cartoon made me laugh. I agree, being with family is the best place and we were this last weekend, too. I really admire you for that healthy diet. We had good intentions, but it kinda fell flat and I bear responsibility for that. Those shoes look very comfortable. What kind of flower is that? The photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such an example to discipline in regards to sticking to healthy eating!
    I will for. sure be checking out those shoes. They look very comforable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This item in green color I love too, lol ! Would be the only one ! And I fully agree with the boy to put math in the horror section ! I can hardly add 1 + 1 !

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.