Wednesday, February 28, 2018

End of FEB Hodgepodge

Joining the Hodgepodge Bunch

We will not have the Hodgepodge next week.


From this Side of the Pond

1. Are you currently operating at 100% capacity? If not, what % are you? What's keeping you there?

100% capacity!????   I'm not even sure I know what 100% would be, and quite frankly I'm really not interested in pushing myself to find out what that would look like.  I read somewhere that we should work at 85% with 100% focus.  Does that even apply to retirees?

So, let's just say I'm working hard with diet and exercise to be as strong and healthy physically as I can be at this point.  I strive daily to stay mentally, emotionally, and spiritually healthy.  So, I suppose my answer would be I'm doing the best I can with what I have to work with.
I don't doubt Dick has wished he had looked into this through the years.

2.  Have you done your taxes? Planned/booked a summer holiday? Thought about or started your 'spring cleaning'? Besides what's listed here, tell us one task that needs doing before spring rolls around.

I am working on the taxes and am basically done.  Just a matter of giving everything a final review before taking to tax lady.

We have not planned a summer holiday.  We have moved our Indiana trip up to early May so that leaves a lot of summer left to do something fun.  We will have to think on these things.

I have not started thinking about spring cleaning and am not interested in doing so.

The only task that I would like to see done before spring (synonymous with mosquitoes) rolls around would be to screen our back porch.  Just waiting on the guys to show up.

3. What's a favorite food from your part of the country?

Louisiana is known for its great Cajun dishes but I think the all-time favorite would be....

Related image
GUMBO!

4. This isn't a leap year, but let's run with it anyway...look before you leap, a leap of faith, grow by leaps and bounds, leap to conclusions, leap at the opportunity...which phrase might best be applied to your life currently (or recently)? Explain.

It would have to be "leap to conclusions."  Dick and I are always laughing at ourselves because if we don't know something we make up a story to explain it.  We are more accurately "concocting" a conclusion rather than leaping to one.  But we have a lot of fun supposing what people are doing or why something has taken place.

5. As the month draws to a close list five fun and/or fabulous things (large or small) you noticed or experienced in February.

1.  That together, Dick and I are making big lifestyle changes for our benefit
2.  A lot of rain
3.  God's intervention and protection on two of our grandchildren who were in car wrecks
4.  A great visit with our daughter and family
5.  A nice, long phone conversation with son and DIL last night

6. Insert your own random thought here.


Happy Birthday to Jackson!


Twenty three years ago today, our only grandson was born.  He was a 6.5 lb. preemie and is now a 6'4" handsome hunk-a-man!


He has always had a smile that melts my heart and the best hugs of anyone I know.


He is the best big brother in the whole wide world.  He is our gentle, sweet giant.

We love you, Big Boy and hope you have a great BIG Happy Day!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

7 comments:

  1. Always love seeing pics of your beautiful family, Elizabeth. Congrats to you and Dick on your lifestyle changes. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I am laughing at you and your husband trying to figure things out. Jay and I do that all the time and we look at each other and say, "why are we trying to figure this out? Why do we care?" It's just fun. Your grandson sure grew up good! And so did his sisters. You have such a lovely family. And I also relate to your statement about doing the best you can with what you have to work with. Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your grandson! That gumbo looks so good. Not a dish I ever make, but one of my LA neighbors here makes a delicious recipe and brings it to potlucks in the neighborhood. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me and my husband constantly jump to conclusions, concerning every day things. By just "assuming" he will do so and so, or knows about so and so, and then in the end we end up arguing....haha not cool. But it seems we never learn. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you and your lifestyle/healthy changes! I'm doing the same and recently became a Plexus ambassador. I'm finding the products helping me along my journey quite a bit and I'm learning so much. We all need a little helping hand in this area. Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too, diet and exercise is very important. I don't think I have ever had gumbo. I like your list of five things and Happy Birthday to Jackson.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.