Monday, February 12, 2018

A Hodgepodge Weekend Recap

It is Monday afternoon and the first opportunity to even think about a blog post.  So, this will be a
Monday Hodgepodge
of things that have caught my interest lately.

Weekend

This past weekend we visited our daughter and her family in Dallas.  We had to share some Louisiana Mardi Gras with these Texans.



We hadn't found the baby before we left, so I guess that means we will need to provide the cake again next year.


Saturday night we had the privilege of taking these two beautiful grands out for dinner.  We went to a new place for us, True Foods Kitchen, in Legacy West in Plano.  The food is health-centered with all natural and seasonal ingredients.  It was delicious but being in the company of our girls was most special.


The temps were below freezing but these girls warmed our hearts.

Sunday morning we attended worship at Prestonwood Baptist Church.  Dr. Jack Graham gave a brief report from the National Day of Prayer last week in Washington D.C.  He told about one of the speakers, Major Scott Smiley.  You will want to see his story below.  He is an amazing young man!


News

I'm sure you have heard about the couple who sold everything to buy a boat only to have it sink 2 days after setting sail?  You may enjoy reading about them and seeing the video.

AP SAILBOAT SINKS A USA FL


The woman was quoted saying, "The boat sank, but our dreams didn't sink with the boat."

Olympics

If you enjoy figure skating, then you already know about the USA amazing skater who broke records last night with her triple axle.  And does she have a huge USA tattoo on the inside of her leg?


No she doesn't!  It's just a tape strip for pain.

Red Gerard

And how about this baby-faced 17 year old snow boarder from Colorado who took home the gold!

As of right now, USA has won 4 Gold Medals with more to come.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

4 comments:

  1. OMG...Elizabeth... you gave me a heart attack. I thought I missed Hodgepodge. Sometimes I get my days mixed up. Great round up of the Olympics. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Legacy West, Bridget and I love to go there. And, those two grans are the cutest and know it's so special spending time with them. Have a wonderful Valentine's week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to watch that video now. So glad you had such a nice visit in Dallas. I am loving the Olympics, can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I miss viewing the Olympics! I would love to see her skate. Your grands are beautiful and I'm so happy for you that you were able to spend some time together with them. God bless!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.