Wednesday, February 21, 2018

A Moving Hodgepodge





Join the bloggers HERE for our Weekly
Wednesday Hodgepodge.

From this Side of the Pond

1. Where do you go when you need some inspiration?

It depends on what I need inspiration for.  If it's a recipe, I go to Pinterest or a cook book.  For decorating or fashion, I also use Pinterest or one of my many magazines, or a particular blogger.  For most everything else, I go to The Word.  I keep Bibles and various inspirational books close at hand that I can easily refer to.

2. What's under your bed?

Related image


Other than a few dead folks, two storage boxes with my tall boots and a storage bag for heavy sweaters (for easy access before being moved to the top shelf of the closet after winter).

3. Thursday, February 22nd is National Chili Day, National Margarita Day, and National Cook a Sweet Potato Day. Of the three which would you most like to celebrate? Is that likely?


How about a Sweet Potato Chili?  I found this recipe HERE and it does have possibilities.  We love sweet potatoes and we love bean soup, so the combination might be interesting.  Then again, maybe not.  I baked sweet potatoes yesterday, so we would be most likely to celebrate that special day.

4. What are you 'snowed under' with right now?

Nothing. 


5. Tell us three to five things that make you feel balanced?

My marriage, my relationship with my children and grands, routines, my assurance of salvation, and that this is not my home.


6. Insert your own random thought here.


I have not rearranged furniture in a long time, and one day last week decided I needed to move something.  As the living room is the only option, I set about moving things around.  I'm really sorry I didn't do this at the beginning of winter instead of the end.  So, come spring, I will probably move it all back where it was.

BEFORE


AFTER


It is a cozy sitting arrangement when the fireplace is on, and I like having the mantel as the focal point.

Do you rearrange your furniture for the seasons, or when the mood strikes, or not at all?
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

8 comments:

  1. Your living room looks fabulous. Have a wonderful week, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your living room with the new arrangement. I move my furniture OFTEN. My husband likes to say that he hopes to never go blind because he would be tripping over everything since I rearrange so often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well oddly enough, I rearranged furniture a lot when I was young. Now I hardly ever do. That might be a great project this dreary February!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like your after photos. I would love to rearrange my furniture but in my small home there is only one way it all fits. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I do like the new arrangement, although I liked the other one too! I like being able to move around furniture but am unable to change much up in my living room/dining room area. Your home is beautiful and I can see that we have a very similar style and color pallet. I enjoyed your answers today...enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could rearrange my furniture but the room is just too small. This year we plan on doing a reno of our family room, making it much bigger, so then I will have more options. Can't wait. Love your living room!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I rarely, if ever, move furniture around but sure do like your new cozy look. Your home is so warm and welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Pinterest. Thanks for the sweet potato chili link. I'm having baked sweet potatoes tonight. I like the things that keep you balanced. Your living rooms looks nice, I like how you rearranged it.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.