Wednesday, December 20, 2023

A Final 2023 Hodgepodge Tea Party


Merry Christmas

Thank you for joining in for the final Wednesday Hodgepodge blog post for 2023.


1.  Did you do more talking or more listening yesterday?  Was it by choice or by necessity?


I think I did more listening yesterday.  We are currently at our son's home in northern Indiana for Christmas.  Yesterday brought the most beautiful wintery lake effect snowfall, so I spent most of my day watching the flakes swirl and fly around before landing on the many surfaces that this morning reflect the abundance.  Listening was definitely by choice.

2.  Are you a tea drinker?  Hot, cold, or both?  Flavored?  What do you like in your tea>  do you make Christmas tea this time of year?  What time of day do you like to sip your tea?


I am a tea drinker, and the above is my early morning preference year round.  During the warm temps I enjoy a mid-day glass of sweet iced tea with a touch of lemonade.  We call it an Arnold Palmer.  Now, for a teabag cup of tea, I prefer it in the evening with a touch of honey or my favorite liquid sweetener.  We used to make a Christmas Spiced Tea using instant tea and Tang, but I haven't made it in ages.  Maybe something to think about doing again.

3.  What's an activity you won't try, an event you won't attend, or an athletic challenge you won't take part in not even for 'all the tea in China"?

Won't try:    Hang-gliding
Won't attend:    Rock concert, NWA (professional wrestling) match
Won't take challenge:    Rugby or anything else involving contact, movement or agility skills

4.  What's something most people seem to love but is not 'your cup of tea"?

Coffee

5.  How does your family celebrate New Year's Eve?

It is usually only Dick and I for New Year's Eve so it is a quiet evening usually in front of the TV.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

The past couple weeks have been the most sad and emotional time for my family.  On Dec. 1 both my sisters and my middle sister's husband were involved in a head-on car collision resulting in the death of my brother-in-law and youngest sister.  How do you deal with such loss?  Only through the assurance of knowing they knew Jesus as their Saviour and through the strength and comfort He provides.

This Christmas and days and months following will be difficult to say the least, but treasured memories abound and the bond we shared as sisters will bring so much peace and comfort.  Below is a collage of a few Christmases past when we all gathered at our parent's home.  You may notice that we are touchers and huggers.


Don't leave anything left unsaid or unshared this Christmas season, and may God's blessings abound.


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

7 comments:

  1. Oh dear Libby, what a devastating accident and loss for your family. I cannot imagine. So sorry for your earthly loss. I'm thinking of your dear middle sister who lost her husband and sister. The only comfort is knowing they are with their heavenly father, called up and greeted with open arms. Prayers and a touch of love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I continue to keep you and your sister especially in my prayers. I am glad you're with family for the holidays, a comfort I'm sure. Wishing you a merry Christmas and peace in this next new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so very sorry for the tragedy that took your sis and BIL! Grief always seems most pronounced around the holidays.
    It doesn't seem so very long ago, a quiet New Years Eve was the last thing I wanted ... and now it's all I cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Libby, I'm so sad for you and Gin and know it will be such an adjustment in the months ahead, especially for Gin. Glad you all were able to go on to Indiana and I pray you will have a Christmas of peace and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your time at your sons home. Your spiced tea looks interesting. From you answer on the tea question I could have guessed you don't like coffee. I never drank either until several years ago. I now have a coffee in the morning. We watch the New Year's shows and toast at midnight. It is so sad about the accident. My prayers go out to you and your family. ((Hugs)) May God bring comfort into your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm so sorry about your tragic loss. I don't know how people get through sorrows and grief like that without the hope of heaven, and I'm glad you have that assurance. Praying a peace and comfort beyond understanding that will carry you through this difficult Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.