Wednesday, October 9, 2024

A Walk in the Fall Park

It is back to the Hodgepodge this week.  Check out how Joyce answers her own questions HERE


1. Thursday is National Walk To A Park Day. I know these celebratory days are mostly made up, but some are fun to think about. Do you live close enough to a park to walk to one on Thursday? Will you? The most famous park in the world is Central Park located in NYC. Have you ever been to Central Park? What did you think? If you haven't been is this a place you'd like to see?


 Yes, I am close enough to walk to the Arbor Hill Nature Preserve, but I choose to do my walking inside the beautiful natural trails and not on the streets to get there.  I will not be going there on Thursday, although a 6 a.m. walk would be wonderful.

I have never been to Central Park in NYC.

2. Something you've done recently that turned out to be a 'walk in the park'?

I haven't done anything lately out of the ordinary that was a challenge.

 

3. Can you parallel park? Do you have to do this often where you live? 


Yes, I can.  No, I don't have to do it often; however, there were several little Lake Michigan towns that we visited earlier in the year that required parallel parking.  I managed to get my big SUV in the space quite well.


4. The colors of fall...red, brown, russet, golden bronze, golden yellow, purplish red, light tan, crimson, orange red, and scarlet. Are these colors you like to wear? Is this your season in terms of color? What about your home? Would we see these tones in your home decorating?


Oh yes, these are my comfort colors and very evident in my closet.  They are also in my fall decorations right now.  I showed some of my favorite home decor on a blog this week that can be found HERE


5. What part of history do you find most interesting? Elaborate.


I love studying Biblical history.  The study of how God's plan for His people never changed even when they were a rebellious, sinful people and they experienced His wrath.  I especially enjoy studying about the Kings during that time and how they relate to the prophets and Jewish people.  After a period of silence, God through His Son, Jesus entered history to bring the redemption and the completion of all the Old Testament teachings.  Such a beautiful story.  It is also very relevant to what is going on in this day and time.


6. Insert your own random thought here.


These are a couple favorite items in my house that reflect my comfort colors year round and are repeated in other rooms.


HAPPY FALL, YA'LL

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

3 comments:

  1. Good Hodgepodge to you.. I enjoyed the photos you shared of some of your treasures. :-)
    I have started to get more and more into Biblical history.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. That building is so beautiful. Good for you on being able to parallel park. I'm glad you like those Fall colors. That is wonderful like you love to study the Bible. Those figurines are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that term, "Comfort Colors"! The pieces you've shown on your prior post are lovely, and I'm going to try to replicate what you've done with the antique books. That one gives me "all the feels" as young people say. So glad to know I'm not the only one who attaches memories to many of her inanimate objects!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.