Sunday, November 11, 2018

Hudson House Style - Fall #3


Hudson House Fashions

My #1 wardrobe planning advice is to never buy anything that cannot be worn at least three different ways.

#2 is to always dress for success!

This does not always mean a power suit, thankfully.

What it does mean is to dress yourself appropriately in all situations.

Consider your audience - your location - your goal

My audience, location and goal these days are very simple and somewhat limited since being retired.  I don't see a lot of people during the day as a rule except for two or three weekly activities.

My goal is usually to be dressed appropriately for my daily trek to the gym, an occasional trip to the store, a night out and church activities, with a special event thrown in.

With the following posts, I want to offer some practical suggestions for
mixing and matching for FALL.  This might mean daily outings or a trip to see the fall leaves, or a night at the symphony.  Or just being comfortably attired while at home.  And I will base all the outfits on print, knit pants from Hudson's and a few inter-changeable tops.

Also, how do we dress for success when the seasons are changing and we go from 36 degrees to 80 in one day?  Or in our case this week, from 62 to 29?

In post #1 I showed these bright colored pants.


Every top that I will be showing in the following posts can be worn with them as well.  And, remember I promised to show you this great black jacket in other ways too.

So, let's get started.


I love these wide-legged pants.  They are the most comfortable things you can put on.  In fact, Jan, at Hudson's says she actually sleeps in these knit pants because they feel amazing.


As you can see, I am wearing a black shell under this beautiful grey satiny blouse worn as an open jacket.  Wearing layers is the secret for this time of year.  It is such a great look.

Remember, you want to make your items versatile, so if your temps are still hot, just wear a neutral top without the jacket.  Or button up the blouse and wear it by itself.  And if really cool, add a jacket over the blouse.


Look at the gorgeous detail of the back of this top.  You will be seeing it again.


Because the weather was absolutely gorgeous this afternoon, I pulled out my favorite yellow sandals to brighten up the outfit.  It didn't hurt that my friend had recently planted yellow pansies for the fall.

Tomorrow, I will show you some other ideas to change up these great pants.

Would you wear these print pants?

What is in your closet that you could wear with them?

Link to previous posts:


The Fashion Boutique of Hudson House is located at 3118 Gilbert Drive in Shreveport, La. The Boutique has dressed women in Shreveport for over 20 years and continues to offer unique clothing and accessories.

HUDSON HOUSE

318-865-2151


Linking to:
Amaze Me Monday



Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

2 comments:

  1. I love the pants! You looked beautiful and they are timeless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, honestly, I would not wear those pants. I don't do busy printed pants of any kind. Well, guess I did wear my camo jeggings in today's post but they are so subdued. But, it's just a matter of taste. I do have some trouser pants that are wider legged and I love them, they are solid and so good looking. I don't wear
    "flowy" big legged pants, again just my preference. But, you wear them well and that's all that matters. Happy new week!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.