Friday, November 23, 2018

Thanksgiving and its Remains


Today is Black Friday and I am removing all signs of Fall in my house.

Actually, this makes me a bit sad because Fall is about the only season I decorate for.  And that is limited as you will see.

But, it's time to put something Christmasy out that we can enjoy for a few days before leaving for Northern Indiana mid December.








Now for a few scenes from our Thanksgiving yesterday in Dallas with our daughter and her family.


The large dining table was beautifully decorated for the feast.


Twelve year old Ava Grace made place cards for every one.  She also had signs made for each of the food dishes.




Mother and daughter hostesses.


Our gracious hostess family, Chuck, Christy, Ava Grace and Sophie.


Our group was fewer this year by all the older kids who are traveling.
Brad and Chandler had Thanksgiving Buffet at the Biltmore in Ashville.
Cassidy is in London before going to Brussels, Vienna, and Barcelona next week.  Emily was in Fayettville, AR with her fiance.

We missed every one of them, but we knew this day would come.


This was the whole bunch last year.

I trust each of you had a wonderful and grate-full Thanksgiving day as well.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

4 comments:

  1. We did indeed have a wonderful day, even though it was a very small gathering and none of the family could be here. Thankfulness expressed and loved ones remembered. Your fall decorations are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos! It's hard once the kids grow up to get everyone together for any reason. In order to accommodate 'the other side,' we have our celebrations on days other than the normal Thanksgiving or Christmas. Sometimes it works; sometimes it still doesn't, but it really is a joy when we're all together. Sounds like Cassidy is having a fantastic trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Fall decorations were beautiful. I'm getting excited to decorate for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fall decorations are very pretty. Looks like you had a nice Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.