Saturday, November 10, 2018

Saturday 9: The Middle

Linking up with 
for




The Middle


Saturday 9: The Middle (2018)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

I had never heard this song before today and found it rather sad.  Although I agree there must be compromise in every relationship, I don't agree that those compromising must always meet in the middle.  A healthy relationship is never, always 50/50.
1) This song is about compromise. When did you recently give in a little and meet someone halfway?

I cannot recall any halfway compromise.  
I have never actually measured a compromise of either side.  I simply call it doing what is necessary to live harmoniously.  I might give in on a particular issue and he another but to say it is meeting halfway I'm not sure is correct.

2) She sings that the floors are wet. Are there any floors in your home that could use a good scrub today? If you answered "yes," will those floors get cleaned this weekend?


All of my floors were cleaned on Friday.

3) She also sings that the cabinets are bare. What's currently on your shopping list?


I need to get a veggie and fruit tray tomorrow to take when we make a road trip south on Saturday.  We are having a surprise party for someone but I can't tell you who.  It's a surprise!

4) You may be familiar with this song from Target's TV commercials. Do you often shop at Target?


No, I rarely go to Target although when I do it is for a specific item. I just don't do a lot of shopping anywhere.

5) The lead vocal is handled by Maren Morris, a Grammy winner for "My Church," which is all about singing with the car radio. What's the last song you sang along with?


I sang a few words of a song I heard on Alexa this morning.  I've lost my singing voice, so don't enjoy hearing myself these days.  This makes me very sad because singing was such an important part of my life.

6) This past April, Maren married singer-songwriter Ryan Hurd and they have performed onstage together. Who is the last person you sang along with? 


That would be my husband who still has a beautiful bass voice and sings in our church choir.  We will both sometimes sing along while listening to music in the car.  We used to sing duets in church and I miss that.

7) This song was composed by brothers Kyle and Michael Trewartha. With their bleached hair and sunglasses, they look like a pair of surfer dudes -- which they are, having grown up in Huntington Beach, CA. Is there a body of water near your hometown?


Actually, the Red River is only about a mile from my house.  It is sometimes called the Red River of the South because there are other Red Rivers.  It used to be a tributary of the Mississippi River, but is now a tributary of the Atchafalaya River, in the southern part of Louisiana, which flows into the Gulf of Mexico.  It gets its name because of the "Red Beds" or sandstone, etc where the river originates. It is a beautiful river with trees and farms along both sides.


8) January 2018, when this song debuted, we had a total lunar eclipse. When things like that happen in the sky, do you go out of your way to watch?

No we don't go out of the way.

9) Random question -- They say we're all young at heart. In what way can you be childlike?


Sneaking a Snickers bar from the Halloween candy bag.
Giving unconditional love
My trust in my Heavenly Father


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope that the surprise party is for Me!!!!! I with you on sneaking snickers. Have fun at your party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That river photo is lovely! Brightened my morning. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful picture of the Red River! I have been sneaking candy from our Halloween bowl lately. I will be glad when it is gone..hahahaha Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you did have a beautiful voice and I am so sorry that you have lost it. I don't have the voice I had once either. Dr. says it's due to my acid reflux. Good grief, sounds crazy! Hope it was a wonderful surprise for someone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the surprise party is a wonderful surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good questions again today and I enjoyed your answers! Hope the surprise party is truly a surprise and the guest of honor is pleased with it!! I have never been a great singer but since my thyroid was removed, I don't have the range I used to have. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just one Snickers bar? You're too good! Enjoy your party!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.