Sunday, September 20, 2020

I Wore A Dress

If you have been following me for very long, you know I rarely wear a dress.  In fact, I can't even remember the last time.

Since Fall is thankfully in the air down here, and because I do have a slight tan on my otherwise milky white legs, I decided to pull out a dress to wear to church.


Honestly, I cannot tell you how old this dress is, but I know I have had it at least 10 years.  I am pretty sure I weighed a good bit less back then, besides being ten years younger.

But, isn't this the beauty of buying quality, basic clothing items?  They never go out of style.

This Preston & York dress is a deep brown and I love the versatility it provides.


For example, a light shirt, sweater or jacket can be added.


This lightweight cut-out jacket was perfect for this early fall day, when we are still using air conditioning in our buildings.


I chose very simple gold jewelry to compliment the brown and the slight V-neckline.


When the occasion calls for something a bit dresser, or the weather is a bit chillier, this lovely mid-weight blazer is perfect.

 

My shoes are these really cute and comfortable Alex Marie's from Dillards.


There are so many options for changing the look of this basic dress.  Think creatively by changing jewelry, shoes and other accessories, depending on the occasion, weather and how you feel at the moment.

Speaking of dressing up, I'll share a couple little Fall touches I added to my house this weekend.  I am a minimalist for sure.



Happy Fall where ever you may be.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

3 comments:

  1. Cute ways to dress up the dress! The cutout jacket is perfect for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this post! Happy Autumn! We are seeing it here in North Central Florida, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look darling, Libby!! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.