Saturday, September 12, 2020

Saturday 9 Questions & Answers



Saturday 9: So Emotional (1987)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) Whitney sings that she keeps her lover's photo beside her bed. What's on your bedside table?


Lamp, candle stand, a wedding picture and a recent one of my husband and me, a jewelry box and devotional book

2) She's getting frustrated, waiting for the phone to ring. If your phone were to ring right now, who would you expect to be on the other end?

Probably my sister.

3) The video was filmed at Stabler Arena in Bethlehem, PA. It seats 6,200. As the nation reopens from Covid19, would you feel comfortable sitting knee-to-knee with a stranger in an arena like this?

Yes I would.

4) This week's featured artist, Whitney Houston, appeared on the daytime drama As The World Turns. She played herself, performing with Jermaine Jackson at the Miss Cinderella contest in the fictional town of Oakdale. Have you ever been hooked on a soap opera?

Never hooked although I did watch some many years ago.  I can't even remember the names of them.

5) Whitney had a sweet tooth, and her favorite breakfast cereal was Fruity Pebbles. Do you often eat cereal for lunch or dinner?

I may occasionally have a bowl at night but not often.  Never for lunch.

6) At Whitney's wedding to Bobby Brown, her bridesmaids all wore lavender dresses and the groomsmen had custom made alligator shoes. Have you ever "stood up" for a friend or relative? If so, do you remember what you wore?

Interesting but I have never been a bridesmaid.  I have sung for several weddings but have never been an attendant.

7) In 1987, the year this song was popular, Cher won the Oscar for Moonstruck. Her most famous line was, "Snap out of it!" When you think of Cher, do you first think of her movies, her TV show, or her music?

To be really honest, Cher never crosses my mind unless I happen to see a picture of her or have to answer a question about her; therefore, none of the above.

8) Michael Douglas won the Oscar that year for Wall Street. His most famous line was, "Greed is good." His character goes on to say that, "Greed in all its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, for knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of all mankind." Do you agree?

Greed?  If this word were to be used as a hunger or desire for all these things, then yes I would agree.  On the other hand, there is and has always been so much greed in our society and it could very well be that this has been the most motivating factor.  I still prefer to think of it as humanity's desire and hunger for something better that has pushed mankind to accomplish so much.

9) Random question: When you woke up this morning, were you ready to get out of bed? Or do you wish you could have snoozed for a bit longer?

I was ready to get up although it would have been nice if I could have slept later.  I try to do my 4 plus miles before daylight while it's quiet and the streets aren't busy.


This is the linear path in my neighborhood that is part of my walk in the dark every morning.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

7 comments:

  1. #1 -- Your night table is MUCH better organized than mine!

    #9 -- I think it's great that you enjoy those pre-daylight hours. Must be a wonderful way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My night table is loaded with so much stuff I was embarrassed to list it all. I think a walk is an excellent way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your night table is beautiful. What a gorgeous walk for you to take! Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elizabeth-

    I’m Bud (you probably know me) and I launched both Saturday 9 & Sunday Stealing. I’m starting a new one and like you to join us for our premier week fir Monday Madness. (http://mmwithjudd.blogspot.com) this week. We will not ask stupid (What are you wearing?) or yes or no ones. It will be 10 questions every week. I’m pleased to let you know that I am partnering with The Queen of Memes, Mimi Lenox on this blog. That’s it. Stay safe & health & healthy.

    Bud

    ReplyDelete
  5. Months ago we tried to do pre-dawn outdoor walks but it was such a huge change to our life-long routines that we stopped. However, I admit those early walks made me feel better physically and more productive throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blend it in well, at that point empty it into your sweets molds, fruity pebbles weed treats being certain to take note of how much weed you've utilized, 5 grams, and the number of confections you have made.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.