Wednesday, September 23, 2020

A Fall Wednesday Hodgepodge


Thank you for joining in for this Wednesday Hodgepodge all about FALL!

In the south, we love to be able to say, "It's Fall Ya'll!"


Thank you Joyce for keeping us going and all the answers can be found at her blog


1. It's fall y'all. What's something you love about this season and also something you don't? 

I love the crisp temperatures of Fall; the early morning breezes; frequent rain showers; the wardrobe change; the time change; etc.

There is absolutely nothing that I don't love about Fall.

2. When you think of the colors of fall, which one is your favorite?


I love the reds, oranges, browns and deep purples of the Fall colors.  I think its safe to say I love all the Autumn colors.


Is there somewhere you could easily day trip to see the leaves in all their glory? 


Actually, my neighbor across the street has two Bradford Pear trees in her front yard.  They always have the most amazing display of colorful leaves.  But, if we wanted to take a road trip to see an expanse, we would drive up into Arkansas.

Will you? 

No, we have other plans for seeing the fall leaves this year and I'll talk more about that later.

3. What's one thing you've let 'fall' by the wayside during this season of staying home and staying away? 

I know this may sound strange, but I can't think of a single thing that I've let fall by the wayside due to the quarantine.  We have tried to keep our lives as normal and positive as possible.  We have both tried to be productive and have not allowed this time to change our routines or habits in a negative way.

4. If you're wearing a sweater is it most likely a cardigan, crew neck, V-neck, or zip up hoodie? 

Oh I love sweaters.  You will find in my closet and sweater drawers, turtle necks, some V-necks, a few cardigans, but most will have a slight round neckline.  There is not one single zip up hoodie in my wardrobe.

5. What's your secret to dealing with change? 

If I had a secret I think it would be that change does not control me.  To be honest, I have to first rationalize a change.  It has to make sense to me and if it seems unnecessary or frivolous, I tend to resist it.  However, if that change brings what I deem as needed, necessary, or even pleasant alterations, then I embrace it.  Basically, my independent spirit demands that I control my own circumstances as much as possible and not allow any change to control me.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.


This beautiful rainbow was captured over our church a couple weeks ago.  Is it not the most beautiful picture of God's promise?


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

12 comments:

  1. The rainbow picture is absolutely one of the prettiest pictures that I have seen in a long time. How amazing that God can showcase His own promises!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your post, and especially like the poster at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute photo of you in fall colors! I do love this time of year. Hope you have a wonderful fall day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, that shot of the church and rainbow is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that rainbow embracing your church!
    I love my sweaters too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Libby, last month we moved from Southern CA to Ohio--the reason is to be near our two daughters and three grandchildren who moved here 11 years and 2.5 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello from Virginia.. thanks for visiting my page today. As per your question about fall color in October.. I will tell you this, we have no color here yet and it will soon be October. We usually have lovely fall colors at Halloween so I would suspect that especially at high elevations you would have lovely color in mid Oct. down south.. Happy travels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always enjoy reading the hodgepodge. I must say the photo of the glorious rainbow and your church is absolutely stunning. Thank you for sharing and wishing you a delightful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fall just seems to be the perfect change before the holiday's arrive. Good for you keeping things the same during this time. Love the rainbow by the church.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic photograph! I love the darker sky behind the rainbow. It feels fitting just now. The weather has been unpredictable here, but we should still have some color in mid-October. I think it's supposed to get cool, but then warm up again some which will slow down the turning. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and accurate is your quote about integrity. It's what you do when nobody can see you.

    That's a beautiful photo of your church with the rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't fall just the most wonderful season?

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.