Monday, September 28, 2020

Making an Outfit

There is probably no doubt how I feel about Fall and it's colors.  After all, I am an Autumn and my personality traits fit right into that category almost perfectly.


I read recently about a woman's struggle to adjust her wardrobe for this season change, so I thought I would show you some examples of my philosophy.

I believe that a clothing item should not be purchased unless you can make at least three outfits out of it.


This great Target find jacket allows me to pull together several outfits using my favorite fall colors.


This copper sweater was the basis for these three outfits.
 

1.  Brown leggings and boots with a gorgeous scarf and copper earrings
2.  Print leggings with a silver necklace and brown sandals
3.  Black print pants with a brown jewel necklace and boots

A simple scoop-neck black tee was the single factor in these outfits.


1.  Worn with black jeans and a long cardigan and statement necklace
2.  Dressed up with a purple velvet jacket and simple jewelry and black shoes
3.  Worn with khaki pants and a blue jean jacket and boots

Let me encourage you to shop in your closet and see how many different outfits you can put together with only a few different items.

I am using this mix & match wardrobe plan for our upcoming extended road trip.  It will save on packing space while also organizing my outfit options.

I am planning my travel wardrobe around three basic color of pants - black, khaki, and blue jeans.  I will carry a variety of tops and accessories to mix and match with these for various known and unknown occasions.

I think I foresee a blog post of this later.  In the meantime, blogging time will be at a premium, but be assured you will have picture overload of the wedding and travels to follow.


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

4 comments:

  1. I do love this. When I went on one cruise, I planned my mix and match outfits. All went ok until I appeared at dinner, unaware it was dress up night. Oh well....people were gracious about it. But I still feel the embarrassment. Who knew women packed LACE DRESSES?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! I need to apply that rule for sure when I buy clothes and it would surely cut out on wayyyy to many clothes. I buy an outfit and never wear the top or bottom with anything else. Shame on me! Maybe this post will spur me to do better. Safe travels to you and Dick and we'll all be looking forward to hearing all about the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever and sooo practical! Like you, I try to be careful what I buy so I can mix and match it with what's in my closet, keeping to a specific color scheme. Good information here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good rule of thumb! Although I don't necessarily think of that at purchase time (which I should) I usually wind up doing that once I get the item home. Most of my closet can be mixed and matched pretty well.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.