Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Happy Birthday Post


Since it's Wednesday we are joining Joyce for another week of answering questions.


1. The Hodgepodge lands on the second day of a brand new month. Tell us one thing you're looking forward to in September.

I am going to go back to Dallas at some point to stay with Ava Grace while her parents take a little trip.  I can't wait.

2. Do you enjoy browsing second-hand shops? Last thing you bought or 'inherited' second hand?

Yes I do.  The last thing I bought was several pairs of pants and shorts at a lady's consignment shop, at the beginning of summer.

3. Something you had second thoughts about after committing to, purchasing, or posting/commenting  online?

I often had second thoughts about some of my FB comments and that is why I took a long break from doing any posting or commenting.  I think the last thing I had second thoughts about was a comment I made to a friend.  It probably wasn't really necessary.

4. What's a product or service you use that you'd rate as second to none?

A product would probably be our Instapot.

A service would definitely be our dentist nephew.  He is the very best and in fact Little Rock has chosen him as the most outstanding cosmetic dentist in the city several times. 



5. Something you do so often or that comes so naturally to you it's second nature ?

Taking my morning meds
Wearing my teeth splints at night
Saying grace before eating
Reaching out for Dick's hand when I get into bed

6. Insert your own random thought here

Last night we hosted three other couples for Dick's birthday dinner.  Because our eating space is a bit limited, I set up two tables - one for the men and the other for the women.  This also aids in conversation.







Happy Birthday, my love!


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your hubby!
    A visit with Ava Grace will be the best thing in September! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The birthday tables look lovely! Happy birthday to the much-loved man. Love and respect seem to be in short supply these days. So nice to see it in your marriage. God bless you! And happy birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh! Love your fancy tables!! Happy birthday to your hubs! I have to come back here later and read about all the celebrating. So glad you were able to make it memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table settings look lovely. I have never created a Facebook account, because I'm afraid I won't respond well to any drama that pops up. (And it's reasonably certain that drama WOULD pop up.) Happy birthday to your husband!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your dear husband. How nice to look forward to that trip to care for your granddaughter. What a great idea to serve the meal at those two tables...fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, look at you, what a lovely celebration! We always have a ladies table and a men's table whether we eat at someone's house or eat out. It works well. Wishing Dick a wonderful year ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that is definitely something to look forward to!!! I was surprised by all the people who like going into second-hand shops. I can't even go into a Marshall's or TJ Maxx. I know I've been pretty bold lately on Facebook. I wish my sister could take back her comment to me. I seldom send her photos of James because she never comments back. Since we were having a text conversation yesterday I decided to send one to her. Her comment was "he still look tiny!" He not tiny and she hurt my feelings. (Sorry I need to vent) So nice to have a dentist in the family. We have one but he lives in Wisconsin and is now retired. I love the things you do naturally. Such beautiful table settings. Happy Birthday to Dick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your sweetheart and enjoy your time with Eva Grace! Your tables were set beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a beautiful sense of style in your tables and home decorating. I enjoyed seeing this side of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that you reach for your husbands hand when you get into bed, that warmed my heart. I drape an arm over my husband or just touch his arm. Happy birthday to your husband. I love the idea of separate tables for men and women and you have them set so beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.