Sunday, March 31, 2019

Sharing Four Somethings for March




I am again joining Heather for a recap of the month by
Sharing Four Somethings


Something Loved

On February 22, 2019 we had a miracle baby born into our family.


Ben and Ashley, my nephew and his wife, brought Charlotte Claire into the world.

She was born a little early and had to be flown to a New Orleans hospital.

They learned that she had several issues with her heart.

Prayers went out from believers all over the country and little Charlotte fought.

One of the heart problems was miraculously healed while in the NICU, and the two holes in her heart will be surgically repaired when she has gained a few more pounds.

Unless God chooses to repair them before that time.


I haven't seen her in person yet, but already feel so much love for this little miracle angel.


God has great things yet in store for sweet Charlotte Claire!

Something Said

On March 6th I attended World Impact Day at my youngest granddaughter's school, Prestonwood Christian Academy in Plano, Tx.  The speaker was Kirk Nowrey who represents Hope Partner's International.  He spoke specifically on the work this organization is doing in India to reach and save orphans and especially young girls and children caught up in sex trafficking.


Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling
Picture Source

Their mission is to rescue children and transform their lives.

One of the things he said is,  "Girls in India are of no worth and are as chattel.  They are disposable.  These children, women, have no hope.  They have no dreams.  They have no life outside of knowing the love and acceptance of Jesus Christ."

Another quote:  "If you make a promise, keep it!  Everything rises and falls on character."


Something Learned

I was recently reminded about what a wonderful place the town of Natchitoches, Louisiana is.

Michael Harding
Not only is it historic but the home of the movie "Steel Magnolia."

Natchitoches (Nack-a-tish) is the original French colony in Louisiana, and is the oldest settlement in the Louisiana Purchase.  Established in 1714, it retains its European flavor through its architecture, heritage and lifestyle.


I learned that it will also be celebrating world renowned primitive artist Clementine Hunter at the Melrose Plantation.

News Article & Video

Natchitoches was also recently hailed as the prettiest town in the south by renowned photographer Michael Harding.


Natchitoches Historic District Louisiana LA Cane River
Michael Harding
You can read his article and see for yourself his amazing photographs HERE

Something Read

"I have promised many blessings to those who wait on Me:  renewed strength, living above one's circumstances, resurgence of hope, awareness of My continual Presence.  Waiting on Me enables you to glorify Me by living in deep dependence on Me, ready to do My will.  It also helps you to enjoy Me; in My Presence is fullness of joy."

Jesus Calling
Sarah Young


Link up with
Heather Gerwing
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

2 comments:

  1. Charlotte is beautiful and I will keep her in my prayers. That sounds like a wonderful mission and I will pray for the girls and woman. That is so very sad. The town of Natchitoches sounds and looks lovely. Love the photo by Michael Harding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love Clementine Hunter and have several pieces of pottery with her work on them. That picture of Charlotte all wrapped up and buried in the pink fluff is absolutely adorable. It's amazing all the pics they can do with newborns these days. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.