Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Wednesday Medley: Film Scores and Actors


I am happily joining Terri for this week's

Click on the link above and join us.


Today's theme is

NATIONAL FILM SCORE DAY


National Film Score Day Art

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


1.  Let's talk about film scores/songs.  What is the first one that you thought about when you saw today's subject?

I actually thought of "Out of Africa", but then remembered "Goldfinger"  and "Rocky" as perhaps the most recognizable.  Another memorable soundtrack is from "Gone With The Wind."

However, my favorite YouTube link is this one for many of the great soundtracks:



2.  Do you remember the first movie you ever saw on the "big screen"?  Would you tell us about it?

The first that I actually remember was "Gone With the Wind" when it came to our little-town theater back in the mid 50's.

3.  Who is your favorite female movie star?  Who is your favorite male movie star?  Go ahead and list more than one if you must.

I really don't have favorites because I am really not a movie buff.  That being said, I did have a huge crush on John Gavin back in my teenage years.



Be still my heart!  I'm not sure I am over that crush yet!

There is no doubt I am revealing my age with this post!



I loved and admired every thing about Loretta Young back in the day.



Another favorite female actress would be Doris Day.  I still enjoy her movies and her interaction with handsome Rock Hudson.

4.  How about those old black & white movies!  Which one do you always stop and watch, even just a little, when channel surfing?

I don't stop on any of them and don't do a lot of channel surfing.  If I did, it would be the Loretta Young Show.  I loved watching her enter the room and sashay across the room in her gorgeous outfits that highlighted her tiny waistline.


By the way, did you know that she and Clark Gable were lovers on the set of "Call of the Wild" and had a child that neither ever publicly claimed as their own?  Fascinating story there if you're interested.

5.  Is there a movie quote that makes you laugh or one that you repeat often in life that you can share with us?  Will we know what movie it comes from without you telling us?

No, I could never remember any of the dialogue from movies except the famous, line from "Gone With the Wind."  But, I never use it.

6.  Please share something random about your week with us.

We went to see the movie "Unplanned" yesterday.  It is based on the life and book by Abby Johnson.

Let me just say that regardless of your stance on abortion, this is a must see movie.

For more information click HERE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had a wonderful trip last week and I do plan to do a whole post on it tomorrow.  Here's a teaser.


Hope to see you on Thursday for an explanation of this picture and lots more.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

10 comments:

  1. I plan on seeing the movie, "Unplanned". Oh that famous line from "Gone With the Wind"...and now the language that is said on prime time TV...I shake my head. Can;t wait to read about your trip :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth... you brought back some great memories today. I loved John Gavin too. I'm going to Google him when I finish this. I also remember watching the Loretta Young show with my Mom. I got to meet Doris Day in person. She was so sweet to me and boy, did she ever have a lot of freckles. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doris Day and Loretta Young! I did know that about her and Clark Gable. Our family watched the Loretta Young show and I remember those openings. I know I’ve seen John Gavin, but can’t remember any movie he was in. Haha. I hope to see Unplanned tomorrow. That is a cool pic you shared there at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I chose Rocky as well. I want to see Unplanned Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know that I've seen John Gavin before, but I can understand the crush!! That last photo is spectacular. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful classics! I forgot about Rocky! Why are trees growing IN the river? LOL! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like you, I am not much of a movie buff either, especially the movies that come out of Hollywood these days. I LOVED the Doris Day movies and many of the ones that came out in the 60's ...I remember my sisters watching the Loretta Young Show. I do want to see the movie you referenced...it looks very good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. John Gavin is so handsome in that photo! I am so bad, I do not know who he is...I am not a movie buff either....I sure do understand the crush though.
    My son loves Doris Day too. He loves old movies. I bet he knows who John Gavin is.
    Gone with the Wind is so good. Speaking of my son...he is reading that right now. It is too big for me to read. hahahahahaha Loved your answers! Have a nice Wednesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I must check out John Gavin, never heard of him but he is definitely a looker. Now,I well remember Loretta Young and Doris Day. We will definitely try to go see Unplanned.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining the Medley today! It has been fun comparing everyone's answers!! Seem no one could stop at just one star or one movie. There are some great ones out there!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.