Saturday, April 27, 2019

Saturday 9: Every Time You Go Away



My days this week have been spent compiling a Graduation picture book for this beauty who announced on Wednesday that she will be attending
Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio in the fall, majoring in Nursing.


We are so proud of you M-E and know there are only great things ahead for you.



Each Saturday, Samantha posts 9 questions usually based on a song from the past. We answer them and then join together to share our answers.  I hope you will join us.

Every Time You Go Away




Saturday 9: Every Time You Go Away (1985)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about separation. Who is the last person you said goodbye (or maybe just "so long") to?

It was our oldest granddaughter, Chandler.  We spent the night with her last Sunday night in Plano, Tx., and when we left we agreed that they would be coming to see us as soon as possible and hopefully in May.  So, it was just a "see you soon!" farewell.

2) This week's featured artist, Paul Young, was a gifted athlete during his school days and briefly played professional football (aka soccer). Sam enjoys playing tennis, though her serve doesn't give Serena Williams anything to worry about. What's something you enjoy doing, even if you don't excel?

I actually excel at very little or anything, really.  I do some things well, and some only acceptable.  I suppose the one thing I enjoy doing and really wish I could excel at is painting.


3) Mr. Young and his wife Stacy were married for 31 years, until her death in 2018. What do you think is the key to a happy marriage?

I have found that the key to our happy marriage (53 years) and that of others who have been happily married for a long time, is basing the marriage on Biblical principles.  Our commitment to each other was made out of an earlier life commitment to Jesus Christ.  Therefore, His example and love for His Bride, the church, has been the model for our relationship.

4) Paul Young's performance of this hit song was one of the highlights of the July 1985 Live Aid Concert. This international benefit raised more than $100 million to alleviate hunger in Ethiopia. Tell us about a charity you support.

We do not support any charity per se' but we do give through our church which supports many different ministries in our city, state, and both nationally and abroad.


5) This song was written by Daryl Hall, of Hall and Oates. What's your favorite Hall and Oates song?

They had so many good songs, but the most memorable is "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" from 1980.  Lea from CiCi's Corner may remember my son and his friend singing that song to her at an after-church fellowship back in the mid 80's.  Then again, she may have chosen to forget it, but it was so cute.



6) In 1985, when this song was popular, the New Coke was unsuccessfully introduced. What's the last beverage you drank?

I do not normally drink anything other than water.  The last beverage was a bottle of water spiked with Advocare Spark - Fruit Punch flavor.  That is the first thing I drink every morning.

7) In 1985, the New York Stock Exchange had to close because of Hurricane Gloria. Has a hurricane shared your name? (Find a list of recent/upcoming storm names here.)

No, Elizabeth has not been retired and neither is it on the upcoming list for future storms.

8) 1985 was the year that the Titanic wreckage was discovered. There have been at least 11 movies and TV shows about the fatal voyage. Have you seen any of them?

I did see the movie "Titanic" and have read several books relating to the Titanic.  It will always be a very fascinating story and event.

33 Rare Pictures of the Titantic

This is a very interesting link if you care about looking at the gallery of pictures of the Titantic sinking.

Will you be booking your voyage on the replica set to sail in 2022?

9) Random question: Would you rather own and run a coffee shop or a shoe store? Why?

As I don't drink coffee and because I do love shoes, this is an easy question to answer in one sentence.



I would specialize in quality shoes for the woman who can no longer wear high heels but likes to be fashionable.  I'll let you know when the doors open!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your future nurse!

    I like the idea for #9.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your future nurse! Ooooo I will be a patron of your shoe store! I love heels, but they don't like my feet anymore! Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your beautiful nurse! She will brighten the lives of the ones she serves alongside and the ones she serves! Your answer about marriage was perfect and 53 years certainly proves those truths. I think I saw those shoes yesterday at DSW, but didn’t buy anything as feminine as that. It was all about comfort for me. I have to say we don’t support charities, but rather ministries! Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy this weather. I am saddened by the losses people are experiencing as a result of the storms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your future nurse! That is awesome!
    I am not a coffee drinker either. I choose shoes too. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. My oldest sister was a nurse. Congratulations M-E!
    I loved your key to a happy marriage. I completely agree!
    I loved Hall and Oats. Their music brings back some great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about shoes for bad feet? I have to wear diabetic shoes even though I am not diabetic (yet). Just have bad feet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I clicked the link of the Titanic pictures. Very interesting! I never knew about the "Titanic Orphans" until now. I agree about basing a marriage on Biblical principles. My husband and I have been married 16 years. I don't know how we made it through the first ten. The last six have been great and that's because we started basing our marriage on what God says it should be.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.