Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Wednesday Medley: Easter & Pigs-In-A-Blanket


Our Wednesday Medley is always based on whatever the National Day happens to be for each Wednesday. I invite you to join in and link up with other ‘Meddlers’ as we answer the questions Terri comes up with. 


TODAY IS NATIONAL PIGS-IN-A-BLANKET DAY

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

National Pigs in a Blanket Day - April 24


1.  Typically served as an hors d'oeuvre, have you ever made or had a Pig-in-a-Blanket?  Do you like Pigs-in-a-Blanket?
Oh yes, this used to be a staple for any hors d'oeuvere table, party or just a simple get-together.  I also made for a delicious, quick breakfast dish that the kids loved.
Yes, I do like them but don't eat them as a rule unless it's Christmas Eve with the family.

2.  Pigs-in-a-blanket are also known as devils on horseback, kilted sausages, and wiener winks. (Seriously.)  Please make up another name for this fun little appetizer!
Weiner Wraps?  Warm Oinky?  Oinky Dinky?
That's about as creative as I can get.

3.  In the UK, pigs-in-blankets are small sausages, or chipolatas wrapped up in bacon.  Which country's version is most appealing to your taste buds?
Anything wrapped in bacon is a WEINER in my book!

4.  The first written record of pigs-in-a-blanket occurs in Betty Crocker's Cooking for Kids in 1957.  In this digital world, do you still have a favorite cookbook you use most of the time?  Is there a recipe you can share with us from that cookbook?

If I still cooked like I used to, yes I would generally go to one of the cookbooks above.  They were favorites for various reasons.  The green one on top was a compilation of favorite recipes done by a dear friend back in the late 70's or early 80's.  She was the hostess with the mostest for sure.

 These days, since my cooking is much simpler and healthier than it was 30 years ago, I rarely pull out a book.  I have tons I could choose from, but these days if I need a recipe I generally go to Pinterest.
This is one of my all-time favorite recipes that I used to fix all the time.  I haven't done it in years but it was in Dixie's book and my family loved it.



5.  What is your favorite cooking show on TV?
I don't watch cooking shows, therefore can't answer this one.

6.  Tell us something random about your week, please!
I must share with you pictures of our two children and their families on Easter Sunday.


We were with our Indiana family in spirit only this year.


Love these siblings!


Jackson and our to-be granddaughter-in-love

Easter Sunday was also our daughter, Christy's birthday, so we rode over to Dallas to spend the day with her and the family.



Christy and all her girls.


The Cunningham's

I've just got to include a few more.


Samson Cunningham was completely fascinated with finding beach front property.


Brad, Chandler and Cassidy attended a spectacular wedding (according to them the most spectacular they have seen) but I happen to think they look pretty spectacular themselves.


And that's my random for the week.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

7 comments:

  1. Love the family pictures. I don't cook as much as I use to :( so I do enjoy pulling our my older cookbooks. Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful family photos! And I love your suggestion of oinky dinky. Lol. Love the TV-watching dog!! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous family you have!! Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Libby, everybody in your family is so beautiful! Wonderful photos. And your names for the little doggies were all very clever!! Oinky Dinky! Haha. I had considered Wiener Wraps also. Samson can probably imagine himself running free on the beach and barking at waves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your pictures! Don;t you just love Pinterest for recipes and really anything? Loved your answers! Have a nice week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing all those photos of your beautiful family! I have a private board in my Pinterest where I save recipes I want to try. I believe there are now over 600 in that folder and I have yet to make one. How silly. Thanks for joining the Medley today!! I enjoyed your answers and am happy that most Meddlers like pigs in a blanket!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.