Saturday, April 6, 2019

Saturday 9: Turning Back Time


I am again joining Crazy Sam for this week's



How do you feel about turning back time?

I frankly do not want to go back one single day, but instead look forward to what God has in store for all the tomorrows He will give me.

This was our little family 1989


If I Could Turn Back Time


Saturday 9: If I Could Turn Back Time (1989)
 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The official video for this song was filmed on board the battleship USS Missouri. When is the last time you were on a boat or ship?


I suppose it must have been back in 2016 when we rode this boat on beautiful Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs, Arkansas,



with these family members.



We met our niece and her husband who were visiting from Maryland and our nephew and his son from Little Rock.


2) This song was written by Diane Warren. Ms. Warren has written love songs recorded by Celine Dion, Toni Braxton, LeAnn Rimes and more, yet she's never married and has really only had one serious romantic relationship. She acknowledges this makes her an unusual spokeswoman for the glory and pain of love. When you have a relationship problem, who do you go to for advice?


The Lord and my husband.


3) In this song, Cher wishes she could turn back time and have a different conversation with a former lover, changing what she said to him. Here at Saturday 9, we're not so ambitious with our time travel. We're only going back to yesterday. Is there anything you'd do differently?


No, not really.  It was a good day.


4) In 1966, Cher and her then-husband Sonny sang at a private birthday party for Jacqueline Kennedy. At first, Cher didn't want to do it, thinking that performing to a small gathering would be awkward. But it turned out to be a wonderful opportunity for her. That night, she met Diana Vreeland, the editor of Vogue. Vreeland liked Cher's look so much she set up a photo shoot. Cher, who always loved experimenting with hair and makeup, enjoyed the shoot immensely. Tell us about a social gathering where you had an unexpectedly good time.


We don't have a lot of social gatherings other than lunch with friends and a seasonal party or two.  I am never disappointed when meeting up with friends.


5) At that same party, Cher said she was surprised by how big Jackie's hands were. Do you like your hands?


They are mine so yes, I like them.  They are large and strong like my daddy's, veined and becoming gnarled like my mothers.


6) One night, before a performance in Detroit, Cher saw a little furry something under one of her tour buses. It was a kitten that that she named Mr. Big, hoping he would grow into the name. He did, and the tomcat was her constant companion for four years until he died of a congenital heart ailment. She has said that she will "never not miss him." Is there a furry companion who has a special place in your memories?


We had two Siamese cats, both named Neiko that I loved.  (See picture above)  They will always have a special place in my heart.



7) Cher recently appeared in Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again. It's the second movie based on the music of ABBA. What's your favorite ABBA song?


ALL OF THEM!

"Thank you for the Music"
"I Have a Dream"
"Dancing Queen"
"Fernando"
"Mamma Mia"
etc.......


8) In 1989 -- the year this song was popular -- Mattel released a series of special "Scarlett O'Hara" Barbie doll to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Gone with the Wind. Did you enjoy the classic movie? Have you read the book?


Oh yes!  I did not read the book, but it is the first movie I actually remember seeing in a theater back in the early 50's.


9) Random question -- Check your spam folder and tell us one of the subject lines


Pinterest
A few new ideas for your board Art How To's

Not many of us have the luxury of going to a top art school and learning how to draw and paint in person. If you are like me and do not have this luxury, then you have the added challenge of being a self taught artist (as if learning art was not hard enough). So here are 7 tips for the self taught artist.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

7 comments:

  1. I'm happy to have found your blog.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neiko looks like she knew she was having her picture taken. A natural model!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, another ABBA lover! Yay. I was afraid I'd be the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ride on the Belle looks wonderful. I would enjoy trying a ride on one of those. We have one here by me but I have never gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitty is so cute and your ride on that boat sounds like a lot of fun! Glad you got to go. Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great answers, Libby! I have read Gone With The Wind when I was a teen. I have seen the movie several times! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh your beautiful kitty. Reminds me of my moms cat Ting. She was a Himalayan. I love Abba's music too! My daughter and I put on Mama Mia and we sing it loud! :)

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.