Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Wednesday Medley: Spring Is Here!





Please hop over and join our host, Terri to see how she and others have answered today's questions.


SPRING BEGINS TODAY!

SPRING BEGINS – Changes Annually March 19 – March 21

HISTORY
Human beings have been following the sun and creating a calendar based on seasons since the beginning of time.  
Spring brings longer days and increased sunshine.
Today we will also be treated to a double header with a Full Worm Supermoon.

The Full Worm Supermoon will mark the first time a full moon and the spring equinox have coincided within four hours of each other in 19 years, according to the Old Farmer's Almanac.
March’s supermoon was first called the Full Worm Moon by Native Americans because the ground begins to soften and earthworms begin to appear, which brings robins and other birds to feed, marking the start of spring.
WELCOME SPRINGTIME!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.  The first spring flowers are usually daffodils, dandelions, lilies, tulips, iris. and lilacs. Which one of those choices is your favorite?

  Without a doubt the Iris is my favorite flower.

Have you seen any yet?



Mine aren't blooming yet, but I found this one in my neighbor's yard.
2.  What is your least favorite thing about spring?
This is an easy one to answer.  We are already being covered with yellow pollen dust.  Every outdoor surface is covered and for us with allergies, it's not a fun time.

3.  Okay, what puts a spring in your step?

Although I love winter and hang on to it as long as possible, I do love the sound of the birds singing early in the spring-time mornings.  I think getting up early and going to the gym starts my day with a springy step.

Spark® Canister

And of course a bottle of "Spark" water first thing in the morning doesn't hurt either.
4.  What is your favorite springtime song?

"Morning Has Broken"

This video was done by The Gaithers back in 2012.  You will see the beautiful faces of some of gospel music's most memorable people.


5.  What really says spring to you?

When the doves who have been making their nest over our front column for several years come back to begin their process of building their house for spring and hatching their new generation.

Sadly, we blocked their space this year because it makes such a mess on our front porch.  But, I will miss being able to watch the process this year and I hate to disappoint this familiar dove couple.
6.  Tell us something random about your week.

Thankfully this is a rather un-busy week so I spent some time Monday freshening up the house and decor.

Because our table is not large, I need to keep the centerpiece rather small.


I used a filmy scarf as a base and placed a black metal tray in the center.


I don't have any immediate plans to entertain, so I can use a taller figure.  I brought this sweet statue in from the back porch as my main focus.


 I found this divine little moss fern at a store in Lafayette a few weeks ago and love it.  I placed it in an antique Italian dish for color and added a candle on a small iron urn.


I repeated the white urn idea on this table with a larger one holding a small plant.


The sconces on my mirror wall are now the resting place for my beautiful Andrea Doves.


Everything is cleaner and lighter.  I love the way this simple curly lipped vase catches the light from all sides.


This little angel girl is sending you a sweet kiss to welcome Spring at your house as well.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

10 comments:

  1. That Iris is really pretty! I love all of your home decor! Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks so pretty, Elizabeth. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think my irises will be up until mid June. We're still covered in snow. But they are definitely a favorite. I'm out of town and didn't have a chance to write a post for today. My favorite music for this time of year is St. Matthews Passion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iris is my favorite too. I think it is so pretty and smells so amazing!
    I love The Gaither's! Loved that song. Loved your answers! Have a great first day of Spring!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Happy Spring...I am SO ready! Your spring decor is lovely and irises remind me of my childhood home...Mom always had tons of them! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The iris is beautiful and all your decor is stunning. I think a cat must have found a way to get to our doves last year and they haven’t returned this year. I am going to miss them coming every year as they were so delightful to watch. I pretty much love anything the Gaithers do. That little fern is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love irises, at my old house, we had irises that popped up every year, lots of different kinds. I miss those

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have robins who nest in the branches over hanging our deck every year. It's fun to watch them raise their family with the grandkids, but the mess really is something else. I don't see the start of a nest yet. Maybe they won't be back this year? I'll miss them, but not scrubbing the furniture every day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining the Medley! I feel sad for your Dove Couple... maybe they will find a place close by so you can still watch their nest! Love your centerpiece!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your "spring" look and the tablescape is perfect. We awaiting the pesky Barn Swallows but are hoping they may have gotten the message that they are NOT welcome here. We had very few last year and we know it was because a few lost their lives when they visited. I know, awful but they make the biggest mess and Mr. Culp isn't having it. :o))

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.