Thursday, March 14, 2019

Thursday 13: What's On Your Frig?



What Is On Your Frig?

With the current trend of stainless steel appliances, there are fewer decorated refrigerators.

Mine is the exception.  I know it's not in style, but I still like having my photo gallery where I can see it.

Here is what I have and why.




1.  This picture of us with our son and daughter was taken at our granddaughter's wedding almost 4 years ago in Dallas. I treasure it.


2.  And this was the bride and groom.  I never tire of seeing their happy faces and remembering this joyous occasion.


3.  I also keep our families Christmas cards all year long.  Just because!


4.  This was taken at one of our Christmas parties this past year.  It's not our best picture, but I just like seeing us together.


5.  Our son and his family always have their picture made for the card and I love comparing them each year.  We added a new member to the group this year.


6.  This is a notepad that our Indiana granddaughters wrote on several years ago when they were elementary and middle-schoolers.  They actually wrote on 7 pages "so you won't forget us when we leave."  They always bring a smile to my face.


7.  Ava Grace wrote this little note when she was just a preschooler.  "I love you more than the stars big."  These little sentiments still mean so much to us even after all these years.


8/9.  Our daughter's Christmas card encompassed each daughter's big event for the year.  Brad and Chandler added a pup baby to their family, Cassidy graduated from UT and Emily got engaged.

The school picture of Ava Grace is considered part of the 13 by the way.


10.  We look forward to the next upcoming wedding and adding to our sons-in-law.


11.  I keep our Rwandan sponsor child's picture where I can see it and be continually reminded to pray for our little Fionah.  She is holding the shoes I gave her for Christmas.


12.  I keep this picture sent by Cassidy from when she lived and studied in Barcelona her senior year.  It is a reminder of God's grace in her life.


13.  This is the only visible calendar I have other than the monthly calendar with appointments that I keep on the back door.

I love the saying on this card.

"Things should be beautiful,
they should be unusual,
and they should last forever."

The many memories and special people in our lives represented on our frig are things of beauty, somewhat unusual and definitely will last forever in my heart.



Linking up with:
Colleen
CountryDew

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

8 comments:

  1. My fridge display is a mess with Yellow Submarine Beatles magnets paired up with crazy magnetic poetry that my grandsons matched up. Nice family shots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the special photos and memories on your frig! I know as you see them on a daily basis it brings happy thoughts and smiles! Wishing you a most wonderful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have stainless too so nothing sticks : ) Except the fingerprints! They last! I bought some small 3M hooks and have just a couple of things on the side of my frig. My daughter's save the date and a calendar my oldest made with pictures of our grandson each month. Gotta hang those two things where I can see them many times a day! Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have stainless steel too but used to have magnets from places we vacationed. Some of them are on the side of the fridge (which apparently is *not* stainless), but mostly now I just keep a magnetic notepad there to list items as I need to purchase them. Nice bunch of photos and good looking family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our refrigerator is white and I recently cleaned up the front because I had so many things there it was looking a little ragged. Yours is beautiful as all your family is and the memories are treasures. You and your husband are blessed and I think the pic of you is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've wonderful memories on view. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.