Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Wednesday Medley: Cookie Day


This is one National Day I could celebrate every day!  However, I no longer allow myself one single Oreo cookie because I can never eat just one.  So, it's better to just not be tempted to eat the whole bag in one sitting.

Come join Terri at Your Friend From Florida for info on how to celebrate this Cookie Day and some info I bet you didn't know.


NATIONAL OREO COOKIE DAY – March 6


1.  Are you able to pass by a plate of cookies and not take one or are you a bit of a 'Cookie Monster'?
Yes, I am pretty well disciplined where food is concerned and especially sweets.  I do still crave a bite of something sweet but I try not to indulge.
2.  Tell us about your favorite cookie. Have your tastes changed since you were a kid?
The thin Oreo cookie would be my favorite.  I don't care for the new thick ones at all.
3.  Inquiring minds want to know if you are a dunker and, if so, do you dunk in milk, coffee, or tea?
I loved to dunk them in milk or even hot chocolate for a double dose of chocolate goodness.  See why I have to "SAY NO!"?
4.  It is that time of year and they are selling them on every corner and in front of every store!  Do you buy Girl Scout cookies and if you do, which is your favorite?
I haven't bought Girl Scout cookies since the twins next door grew up and stopped selling them.  My favorites though were the mint.
5.  Raw cookie dough.  Yay or Nay?
NAY!
6.  Please tell us something random about your week!!
Monday morning I attended a Women's Missionary Union brunch at church where our speaker gave some really interesting information on Annie Armstrong.  In the Southern Baptist Church we have a missions offering that is named for her - Annie Armstrong Easter Offering for Home Missions - and this is our Week of Prayer.
One of the interesting things I learned about her is that she was known by her male contemporaries as "indefatigable" and "indomitable."  These traits would have served her well on the Western frontier in the late 1800's.
Another interesting fact is that this is the only picture ever taken of Annie Armstrong.  She refused to have her picture taken lest it be in the hands of a man and taken into a saloon or brothel.  Her indomitable spirit and love for Jesus Christ made a huge impact on the mission field.  One year alone, she hand wrote 18,000 letters seeking support for missionaries.
To date over $1 billion dollars have been given to the Annie Armstrong Easter Offering to support missionaries in the US and Canada.
TODAY
I will be driving to Dallas to my daughter's for a couple nights.  On Thursday morning I will attend "World Impact Day" which is a commissioning service for students and teachers who will be going on mission trips during spring break from our granddaughter's school, Prestonwood Christian Academy.

Afterward, I will attend a Grandparent's Prayer Coffee where we will pray for the school, leaders and students.  I look forward to being part of this joint prayer group asking for God's protection and guidance over our grandchildren.  We can't do enough of this.
I also hope to get some time with my daughter and granddaughters while there.  That's the real reason for going of course.
Quote from War Room:  Christian Movie Reveiw and War Room Quotes  happydealhappyday.com
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

7 comments:

  1. I like the thinner Oreos too.. and thin mints are my weakness.. just wish they weren't so expensive!! Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels to the Big D! Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic idea Grandparent's Prayer Coffee is! I love that - Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prestonwood has so much good going for it. I love the ministries there. Enjoy! I love that last graphic! Prayers for Josephs, Daniels and Esthers! Safe travels to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea and so glad you can go and participate. Yes, I cover my Grans every day with God's hedge of protection. It's a tough world out there! Drive safe and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not enjoy those thick oreos either.
    I love the idea of the Grandparents prayer coffee. So good to cover them in prayer! Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some wonderful programs/events coming up! God bless you for being involved in those important missions. Thanks for joining the Medley today! It has been fun reading about everyone's favorites!! I dunk too!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.