Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Wednesday Medley: What's In A Name?



There is a wonderful retirement center, The Oaks of Louisiana, across the road from my subdivision and one day last week, the guard allowed me in to take some pictures.


Unfortunately, I missed the peak of the tulips and they haven't redone their beds for summer yet, but I still got some nice pictures of other sights.  Let me share this early spring in Northwest Louisiana with you.


The azaleas will be gorgeous in a few weeks.





--------------------------------------------------------------
Now, join me and the other bloggers for Terri's Wednesday Medley questions and answers.

You can also check out her site for more information on 

NATIONAL JOE DAY – March 27
National Joe Day - March 27

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.  Who is your favorite "Joe/Jo" and what can you tell us about him or her?
I had an uncle named "Joe" who I dearly loved and it was from him that I inherited my two Martha Washington chairs currently in my living room.
One of our dearest sweet friends was named "Miss Jo."  She was such a precious lady with a very generous heart.  I treasure her memory and all of the things she shared with us through the years.

Then, there is Joe Joe.  Joe Joe was the constant companion and look-alike of Dick's brother, Tom.  This picture was taken shortly before Tom's death, but Joe Joe is still taking loving care of Martha, Tom's wife.
2.  Who were you named for and do you or did you know that person?
Elizabeth comes from a long line of ancestors on both my parent's side, but I am directly named after my mother, Laura Elizabeth.  I think my middle name, Claire was a name my parents simply liked.
Elizabeth has continued to be passed down in our family with my daughter, Christina Elizabeth, and granddaughters Chandler Elizabeth and Mary-Elizabeth.
3.  Do you have a middle name and do you like it/use it?
See #2 and yes I love my middle name but rarely use it.
4.  Have you ever named your car?  Tell us about it, please!
No I haven't
5.  Tell us the name of a fictional character you have never forgotten and why you remember it so well.
Do you remember the book series and later a TV series called "Christy?"
Dick and I had read the books and one day after I knew I was going to have our first child, he called me from work and asked, "May I speak to Christy?"
Of course, we didn't know whether we were having a girl or boy at that time, but we knew if it was a girl she would be called Christy and if a boy, then he would be John.
He was a boy!
While I was pregnant with our second child and praying for a Christy, I thought she might need a more formal name and use Christy as a nickname.
I wish I could remember the name of the book where this character came from, but I have no clue.  I read it while pregnant with our daughter and the character's name was "Christina."  She was the most beautiful, godly person - a true lady after God's own heart.  She was elegant and refined and wore her hair in a french twist and I wanted to be her.  So, I named my daughter after her.
I still aspire to be "Christina!"
6.  Share something random with us about your week.
This is another fun-full week.

Monday I worked at the church and helped our Children's Minister with a project she is doing to help meet the needs of homeless people in our community.

I assembled 70 of these bags containing water, socks, tissue, crackers and mints.  There is also a packet of info regarding all available services in our area.
Yesterday we got pedi's.
Today, we will be taking the first leg of a road trip ending up in Baton Rouge for a couple nights with long-time friends.
I will tell you all about that at another time.
purple flowers with green leaves

May you also have a great rest of your week!
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

9 comments:

  1. I remember the series Christy. What a fun project to work on. We have made packs like that years back and had our boys go with us to hand them out. Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first name is Claire! We have something in common.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures of your area in spring is so much more spring like than here! Such pretty blooms!! We have snow...lots of snow, though I'm estimating we've had about a foot and a half of melting so far with about another 2 1/2 - 3 more to melt...at least until I can get to my clothes line. We also have mud...lots of mud. It is nice to have dry roads now and we don't have to worry about slip-sliding away! Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good pedicure! I have not had on in a long time - thanks for the reminder to book an appointment! How lovely you helped put together those resources for the homeless - hugs! Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the book Christy and the author, Catherine Marshall and her husband Peter. A Man Called Peter was such a wonderful book and movie. You have been a busy lady, Elizabeth Claire! I really enjoyed your stories about coming up with names for your children. Our Tuesday Bible study is putting together bags for 100 people in a local nursing home which, unfortunately, is one of the places I hope to never be in. The retirement center across from you is beautiful and looks like it would be a lovely place to live. Your photos are really good. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved all of your pictures and thank-you for sharing your Uncle Joe! Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've come over from Your Friend From Florida and the Wednesday Medley. When I read the name Christie, the first thing I thought of was a doll I had growing up. You pushed her belly button and her hair grew down to her knees!
    Those homeless packets are a great idea. A wonderful way to bless them with tangible, life saving items.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Had no idea your middle name was Claire, I love that. The Oaks is certainly an impressive looking place. Enjoy your getaway and we'll look forward to hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been a good busy with a great project at church! Thanks for joining the Medley today!! I have so enjoyed reading everyone's answers about favorite Joes and middle names and names of cars. It has been fun!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.