Saturday, March 16, 2019

Saturday 9: St Patty Day Song



Molly Malone



Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) Are you of Irish descent?



 28% Ireland/Scotland/Wales

2) Legend has it that the heroine of this week's Irish ballad was a real lass. 17th century birth and burial records confirm that a woman with that name lived in Dublin. Can you think of another song about a real historic figure?

Neil Diamond sang "Done Too Soon" about a host of people who lived, contributed and died too soon.


3) Molly sold fish from a cart that she wheeled through the streets. What's the last seafood you ate?

We had salmon on Sunday and cod on Tuesday

4) The lyrics tell us that, after her death, her ghost continues to wander the streets of Dublin with her wheel barrow. Do you believe in ghosts?

No

5) This week's featured band, The Dubliners, are obviously from Dublin. They were introduced to American audiences on The Ed Sullivan Show. Today, Stephen Colbert tapes his show in The Ed Sullivan Theater. Who hosted the last talk show you watched? 

Jay Leno

I obviously do not watch late night talk shows and can't stand the day-time ones.

6) Corned beef and cabbage is a traditional St. Patrick's Day dish. Is it a favorite of yours?

Not at all, although I do like cabbage

7) According to Irish legend, leprechauns earned the gold in the pot they guard by repairing shoes. Crazy Sam can't remember the last time she got a pair of shoes repaired. When the heels wear away, she discards the shoes and buys new ones. What about you? Do you get your shoes fixed (either by leprechauns or just by ordinary repairmen)?

I'm with Crazy Sam and can't remember when I would have had a pair of shoes repaired.  Hubby on the other hand did have a pair repaired only a few months ago.  Men are just different that way.

8) Do you look good in green, the signature color of St. Patrick's Day?

No, but I do wear olive green

9) Random question: Did you more recently sneeze or cough?


It's a toss up because with the pollen it could be either/or, or both.

Happily joining Crazy Sam for this week's questions for

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

5 comments:

  1. Olive green is in the green family, so I say it counts! Happy St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been craving salmon, the hubs doesn't like it so I don't make it often. Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not think I had heard that song by Neil Diamond, but I love songs that tribute those that have passed on. Thanks for sharing! Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve never heard the sing by Neil Diamond so I’m going to have to give it a listen. We are on the same page with most of this, however, Jay won’t eat fish unless it’s fried and so, I enjoy fish when we eat out. That's an interesting photo of pollin.

    Happy St. Patty’s Day. I need to look up my Irish/Scottish/Wales numbers. I am 75% Great Britain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I knew all of the Neil Diamond songs, but somehow that escaped me! Wishing you a wonderful week as we welcome spring’s arrival!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.