Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Turning Green on the Hodgepodge


Happy St. Paddy's Day to you!


Joining Joyce at From This Side of the Pond for this week's questions.

1. This week's Hodgepodge lands on St. Patrick's Day. Will you wear green? Eat corned beef and cabbage? Drink green beer? Have you ever been to Ireland? Is it on your travel 'bucket list'? 


No to all of the above


2. Something you think is 'worth its weight in gold'? 



My secretary is one of my favorite pieces of furniture because not only is it pretty, it is extremely functional.  It displays some of my treasures, it is currently my desk, and it provides tons of storage.


3. Something that makes you 'green around the gills'? 


There isn't much that makes me nauseous.  However, the current national affairs do make me pretty sick to my stomach.


4. What puts a 'spring in your step' these days? 


The anticipation of being able to create a lovely outdoor oasis in our yard.


5. Write a limerick using one of the following as your theme....March, St. Patrick's Day, Covid, 2020 and/or 2021, the color green, or life lately. Yes, you can do it. 


Marching through March has been in a line

of Bible study, meals with family & friends which was mighty fine.

Doctors visits and road trips

and eating at home saved us tons of dollars on tips.

The end of the month will bring lots of reasons to not whine.


6. Insert your own random thought here. 


We have been doing a lot of walking in our neighborhood and as a result have met some of the most interesting people.  I'm thinking it may deserve it's own blog post.


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

8 comments:

  1. Libby,

    Your secretary is a beautiful piece of furniture. I often think I'd love to have a rolled top desk but I certainly couldn't use it with my iMac so I need to find an equally handsome flat top desk someday. I almost said the same thing as you with number 3. The evilness in our country and around the world is very sickening but God is in control. I will cast all of my cares on Him. This life is temporary. Everlasting life is all that matters. Thanks for sharing your responses. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to #3. I pray a lot. I'm so glad you're enjoying your new neighborhood. We've had a lot of rain lately, with severe weather possible today and tomorrow-not my favorite. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Libby! I totally agree with your answer to #3. I know we are not to complain about who our Creator puts in charge, just simply to trust. He has His reasons.

    Your desk is lovely! Thank you for sharing your new home. Have you been to the older part of McKinney? It is charming and the last time I was there with the kids, we had a wonderful burger (can't remember the name of the place) and a delicious piece of pie at a pit shop.

    Glad to hear that you are enjoying your new neighborhood. I think it deserves its own blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are meeting new friends in your neighborhood! I think it deserves its own blog post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post, love your first graphic, the heart with the shamrock. Your secretary is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely piece of furniture. Glad you are enjoying your walks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was a no to all on number one also. Your secretary is beautiful. I agree, the current affair make me sick. Enjoy doing your yard. Enjoyed your limerick. Glad you are out meeting some neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Come walk in my neighborhood! That would be great!
    And yes to creating a beautiful space in your garden! That's something I am planning too.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.