There is a guy at the gym who on Wednesday mornings
obnoxiously reminds everyone that it is
For us bloggers who join Joyce, it is more than that!
1. The month of July was named for Roman Emperor Julius Caesar. He's quoted as saying, 'Experience is the teacher of all things." So what has experience taught you lately?
To not borrow trouble today because tomorrow will present its own. I think that is also Biblical.
2. Where did you last 'roam'?
Last Saturday morning we "roamed" with our friends Tom and Judy to the Downtown Shreveport Farmer's Market.
Afterward, we "roamed" to the original Strawn's for breakfast with Mike the Tiger.
Strawns, which opened in 1944 is known for its delicious ice box pies, but also for the murals on the walls.
I thought this one was particularly appropriate with today's "Rome" theme.
Then, we decided to just "Roam" northward to see the new 15 mile
connection between Louisiana and Arkansas.
Only we who live in the ArkLaTex can fully appreciate this new 4-lane highway and anticipate its completion.
3. Speaking of 'Rome'...pizza, pasta, gelato...you can only pick one, which would you choose?
4. 'Rome wasn't built in a day', 'All roads lead to Rome', 'When in Rome...' which 'Roman' idiom have you most recently encountered? Explain.
I think the idiom, "Rome wasn't built in a day" is perhaps the most applicable to me. I have to remind myself sometime, that I can't expect immediate results, or things to happen on my time table. The Lord is patiently teaching me these truths. Wait, Seek, Trust!
5. What's a movie you've seen or a book you've read, that makes you want to book a trip to Italy?
I haven't read or seen anything recently, but I have been to Italy and would love to go back. There was much I didn't see before and would enjoy exploring the countryside this time.
6. Walt's original Disneyland opened almost sixty years ago, on July 17, 1955 Have you ever been to the California park? How about any of the other Disney parks around the world? What's your favorite amusement park ride or attraction?
I have not been to any of the Disney parks and quite frankly do not enjoy amusement park rides. The last amusement park I went to was Silver Dollar City in Branson, Missouri many years ago with all our grands and I enjoyed watching them have fun.
7. It's that time of year...when were you last bitten or stung?
In Louisiana that could be a daily occurrence with mosquitoes.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Last night the women's organization to which I belong, PEO, had a couples cookout at the lovely new home of one of the members.
It was hot, but since her house is on a waterway,
the breeze was pleasant, and most everyone chose to enjoy the beautiful scenery outdoors.
Margaret, Diann and I were on the planning committee which meant Diann cooked, Margaret directed and I took pictures. (And yes, it is Diann's home I have been featuring on Mondays)
My sweet friend Margaret and I
Some of the lovely ladies with hostess Paula and her new puppy.
We were a couple!
With the exception of the new sofa and two chairs in the family room, every piece of furniture and most of the accessories in this home are heirloom pieces from the owner's families. The furniture in this room belonged to the hostess's great, grandmother. How special is that!
Have a great week and don't forget to click on
to see what others have shared on Wednesday Hodgepodge