Wednesday, July 23, 2014

This Works for Me!

Happy to join
for

1. When I look at the sky I feel___________________________________.

Blessed to personally know the Creator of such amazing beauty.
Overwhelmed by its immensity.
Thankful that a God who can create a world and keep the stars, moon, sun and clouds in place, loves  me, knows my heart, and meets every need.

2. If you had to run for political office, which one would you run for? Do you have any real desire to actually do this?

This is a tuffy!  To answer the last question first - NO, I have no aspirations to ever run for a political office.  The logical place to start would be city counsel or school board, but in our city even these entry level offices can be a tough foray into our political climate!

3. What scent makes you think of home?


I'm not sure what you mean by "home."  My parent's home where I grew up?  Probably cooked food.  Mom was a great cook.
Where I spent the greatest amount of time?  It would be the Paper Mill and what we called "Stink Creek."
My house where I currently live?  It would be the Orleans Home Fragrance, "Orleans No. 27."
4. How often do you take a step back to think about where you're headed in life? Do you need more or less self-reflection?

Honestly, I don't do this very often any more.  I think the older I have gotten and especially now that I am retired, I have learned to be content.  This doesn't mean I am all I need to be and don't desire to continue expanding my knowledge and experiences, but I pretty much know where I am headed at this point.

Instead of doing self-reflection, I want to do more Christ-reflection.  It is He I want to be like and not more like the person I would be otherwise.  Make sense?

5. July is National Ice Cream Month...besides a cone, what's your favorite food item to top with ice cream?

Warm peach cobbler!!!!!
6. What might your autobiography be called?

"Without Christ, She Is Nothing!"

7. Your least favorite mode of transportation? Why?

Tram!  Several years ago we rode this tramway to the top of Sandia Peak in Albuquerque, NM.  It is the world's longest aerial tram ride - 2.7 miles to the 10,000-foot peak of the Sandia Mountains.  Oh the beauty to behold, but I was be-holding on for dear life.
8.  Insert your own random thought here. 

Yesterday, a lady stopped me as we walked out of the gym together and told me I have the most beautiful complexion.  Being almost 70 years old, without makeup and dripping with sweat perspiration, I took it as quite a compliment.  I didn't have time to tell her to what I give most of the credit, but I will tell you.  Lea at CC's Corner has already mentioned this on her blog, so this should  be confirmation that it works.

I bought my first Mary Kay from Lea many years ago, and haven't used anything else since.  A couple years ago, they came out this amazing skin care system for the "aging skin."  I fit!!!

Mary Kay Timewise Repair System
If you are interested, you may order it directly from my website:
It works!
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

10 comments:

  1. Great autobiography title-a title I can also apply to my life.
    Complexion is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, MK should use you as their "poster child" for sure!

    Love your answer about reflection - very good.

    Happy rest of the week, it is "Camp CiCi" around here this week so things are popping.

    You know it will be one year since Neal's death this Sat. Becky went to Pine Cove Family Camp with Neal Allen and family so that she would be occupied this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your answers to 1 and 4! Couldn't agree more. And I too have thought it more then once that your complexion is just gorgeous. But let me just say this (in my opinion)....I think a pretty big portion of it is just God given. My mother's skin was beautiful. Soo few wrinkles and lines etc one would NEVER know she was 80 years old. People talked about it every where she went. She did NOTHING special for hers. It just was. What I would give for it, but alas, it has seemed to allude me. Not to discredit your MK because I truly believe it has no doubt made your God given gift even better! lol Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your answer to #1 : ) I've riddent that tram several times, but not since I was a teenager. My mom is from Albuquerque, so we always took a ride on the tram when we visited. It used to scare me even as a child, because how about those crazies who ride on top???!! Employees I guess, but yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your answer for number one! Ice cream on the peace cobbler sounds delicious. Yes those trams can be a scary ride. I haven't used Mary Kay in years but am always trying the new next best thing around! I will check out your website.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you said about Christ reflection. What a wonderful thought. I need to do this more.
    Love your autobiography title. =) That tram looks scary! Yikes.
    Blessings, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this post! I had to laugh when you mentioned the paper mill stench. Reminds me of West Monroe! That smell is so distinct! I love Orleans candles; and Creme Brulee is my fave. It just smells like home...something really great baking. And I agree, your complexion is lovely! Mary Kay has some really great products.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep peach cobbler - I said the same! I love the trams and its been a while since I last rode one. It was in Palm Springs a few years ago. Your complexion looks great and definitely makes me want to order some MK. I'm from Dallas so I can find it on every corner or friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your plan - sticking to your favorite colors and shapes. Have a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.