Sunday, May 31, 2020

My Heart Searches




My cry this morning was, "I need a special word from you Father God this morning!"

Have you ever felt that way at times?

Our country is not necessarily experiencing unprecedented horrible times, because we have lived through some very dark and troubling days.  This was not the first black man to have been killed by people who are authorized to protect.  This is certainly not the first racial uprising in our history. This is not the first time, ruthless thugs have taken to the streets and destroyed lives and livelihoods of innocent, hard working Americans.

So why is this time so different?  Why do we this week feel so threatened and made to feel more guilty about our prejudices than last week?

In my search for something "more," I turned to David Jeremiah's teaching from his church, Shadow Mountain.  He used a phrase that is so applicable - "A God problem."

What exactly is a God problem?  It is one that we have no answer for.  It is one that only a great, almighty, omniscient, sovereign, holy God can take care of.

The grief and fear and dread that we as sense-able Americans and especially Christians are facing right now, is a "God problem!"  We can and must pray about it, confess and seek God's forgiveness in what our part, whether great, small, conscious or unconsciously committed has been. But in the end, it is God's problem that only He can solve and resolve.  It is only He who can bring change and forgiveness and healing not only in our heart but of all people.

Dr. Jeremiah used King David as an example in his message today.  David was hiding in a cave for fear of his life.  He was feeling very much alone and depressed among the hundreds of people around him.  What did he do?

He cried out!  He pled for God's mercy.

Father God, we cry out now for our country, for our leaders, for those who are grieving, those who are searching for answers.  For those needing your mercy and grace more than anything.

He acknowledged that he felt alone and no one cared.

Father God, we also acknowledge that we often feel that way ourselves.  We pray for those struggling with aloneness even when they aren't physically alone.  We pray for those fighting feelings of depression and discouragement, weakness and doubt, fear and dread.  Rescue them from their prison of anxiousness and aloneness.  Deal with them generously Holy Father.  Bring them out to see your bright light and to seek YOU as the only answer.

He was honest and open with his feelings and concerns.

Father, we pray as the Psalmist did,

"As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for You, God.  I thirst for God, the living God."

He turned his lament to praise.

Father, help us also to praise you.  Exalt you as our Lord and Saviour and our God.  I exalt thee!  I exalt thee!  I exalt thee, oh God!

This is the word our churches and our congregations and our hurting and lost people need to hear today.

"How happy is the man who does not follow the advice of the wicked or take the path of sinners or join a group of mockers.  Instead, his delight is in the Lord's instruction, and he meditates on it day and night." 
Ps. 1:1-2

God is to be exalted and trusted and relied upon to deal with the chaos and trouble all around us.  He alone is to be praised for WHO HE IS!

And that is my prayer for America today.

Linking with:





Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

8 comments:

  1. we are definetly living in a scary time when so many things are going awry I add my prayers for God to lead
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your heart. I know we have been through other bad times but this is just heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have been in the Word today and have been shown much the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so true, this is absolutely "A God Problem." The world desperately needs the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful message! It perfectly expressed my feelings and heart this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Libby dear ~~ Bless you for this profound message, both comforting and encouraging. Only He
    holds the answers and only He should guide our response to these days of concern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm it appears like your blog ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any recommendations for novice blog writers? I'd definitely appreciate it.
    best almond oil for hair

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.