Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge


This was a fun Wednesday Hodgepodge to be a part of this week.  Thank you Joyce for being our faithful and challenging leader.



1. In a single sentence tell us something about your 40's. If you haven't reached that milestone yet tell us (in a single sentence) something about whatever decade you're in now.



My 40's were marked by parental, marital, and spiritual highs and lows, more good times than bad, wearing adult braces (in picture above) for 31 months, and the birth of my first grandchild (in picture above also).

2. Life begins at forty. Agree or disagree? Tell us why. And if not at forty, when?


For me, life began at 50 with a renewed sense of who I was/am.  It was a time of renewed self confidence and accomplishments outside the home.  My children were on their own and this became a time of personal growth for me professionally and personally.

3. Share a favorite book, song, or quote with a number featured in it somewhere.

"Three Coins in The Fountain" from the 1954 movie by that name was one of my very favorite songs as a young person.  In 1972 my best friend and I stood in front of the Trevi Fountain in Rome that played an important part in the end of the movie.


4. A picture's worth a thousand words, a stitch in time saves nine, back to square one, catch-22, on cloud nine, my two cents...pick a number phrase and tell us how it applies to your life currently.

"Back to square one" I suppose would be the most applicable right now.
I will probably do a blog post on the Before and After in a few days, but lately, we have had to go back to square one in our front flower beds.  I could also apply "My two cents" because it has taken both my two cents of advice and money.

5. Last time you drove more than 40 miles from home? More than 400 miles from home? Where were you going? Was it before or after this current season of social distancing?


The last time I drove more than 40 miles from home was a few weeks ago when our couples group met at the home of our friends for our annual couples reunion.  This year, we missed Nancy who had died recently due to the Coronavirus, and our time together though sad was also a time of sharing and loving each other.  There was very little social distancing but reasonable precautions were taken.

The time we drove more than 400 miles from home was Christmas 2019 when we drove to Northern Indiana to be with our son and his family.  There was no known virus at that time.  How many years ago was that?

6. Insert your own random thought here.

On Saturday my Granddaughter #2 will celebrate her 24th birthday.


Cassidy is our University of Texas Graduate who shortly afterward became a world traveler going to over 20 countries, some of them traveling alone.


This kept us on our knees for sure.  This was a good time for Cassidy because it was a time of stretching and growing and finding out who she was and what she wanted.


She is now planted in Dallas with her own lovely apartment.  She works for a fashion influencer and enjoys having her own Instagram site @idkwhattoeatdallas where she highlights some of the neat eating places in Dallas.  She has used this time of quarantine to spend more time with family and to grow more deeply personally and spiritually and has gotten into an amazing workout regime.

Cassidy is the sweetest and most affectionate, beautiful person inside and out, and we love her so much.

Happy Birthday Cassidy!


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

6 comments:

  1. I think I had the same shirt that you are wearing in the first picture. It was one of my favorites but no more sleeveless shirts for me ;)
    Glad you were able to get together with friends and grieve together. So many are unable to do that now.
    Happy Birthday to your granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Libby! I'm so sorry about your friend, Nancy. On to the good stuff... your darling granddaughter's birthday. I will follow her on Insta and tell my Dallas daughter to as well. Hope you have a wonderful healthy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Libby! I wore braces just before I turned 40!! You can hardly tell you're wearing them in the pic with your daughter and grandbaby. I noticed the hair! You have beautiful hair and lots of it! Congratulations to your gorgeous granddaughter! I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend. It is happening all too often around here, I'm sad to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your granddaughter! I'm so glad she was able to travel when she did. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. So much loss in this season and it's all made extra painful by the distance. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This virus is horrible. Sorry about your friend.

    Your granddaughter is a lovely woman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how your 50's renewed your sense of who you are. I'm not sure I've done that yet! I love your song and picture for #3. So did everyone do okay with your gathering of couples? I'm afraid to leave the house let alone hang with people. So sorry about your friends passing. True, there was no know virus at Christmas because China was keeping quite. Happy Birthday to Cassidy. She is definitely enjoying life!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.