Monday, June 8, 2020

Nature Speaks

It is a very hot Saturday afternoon where I live with the heat index soaring over 100 degrees.  Thankfully tropical storm Christobal which is on a direct path to our state, is creating a slight breeze.  When you read this, it may or may not have already hit the gulf coast and no doubt has or will be causing torrential rains along the Mississippi Delta.  We on the west side of the state probably won't see much.

So, what to do on a slightly breezy, very hot afternoon when a storm is brewing?

You take pictures of beautiful things growing in and near your abode of isolation.

This will be picture overload so feel free to scan until your eye finds something upon which it desires to rest.








 

 


 















I love to do studies of how light and shadow play on textures.






The following are examples of how light affects the coloration in large rocks.

Rocks “have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them. Yet their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world” (Ps. 19:3, 4, NIV).

What message do these silent words carry?


"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."
Psalm 18:2


“There is none holy like the Lord; there is none besides you; there is no rock like our God."
1 Samuel 2:2


“For who is God, but the Lord? And who is a rock, except our God?"
2 Samuel 22:32


“Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness, you who seek the Lord: look to the rock from which you were hewn, and to the quarry from which you were dug."
Isaiah 51:1


"The Lord lives, and blessed be my rock, and exalted be the God of my salvation—"
Psalm 18:46


"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken."
Psalm 62:2

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! You are a great photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photographs are stunning! I miss having hosta plants. They make a lovely boarder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! Each picture was better than the one before. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous flowers! I have a few of these in my yard but there's also a little critter that eats my sunflowers right after they appear out of the ground, 'they' eat my pansies, hostice...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos! I consider it a form of worship to capture the gifts of nature that our Father created for us! Beautiful post! Hugs & Blessing to you, Libby.♥

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.