Wednesday, June 10, 2020

It's A Beautiful Hodgepodge


After missing last week's Hodgepodge, it is good to be back today.

Thank you Joyce for giving us thoughtful questions each week.



1. Last thing you said yes to? Did you regret it?


I said "yes" to babysitting our granddog Sophie, while our daughter and all her family of 8 spend a week in Florida a few days from now.  It was a quick and easy answer for me.  Sophie is the sweetest little one-eyed doggie you will ever meet and she loves me.  Yes was a very easy answer, and I feel sure I will not regret it.

2. No big deal, no contest, no dice, no hard feelings, no ifs ands or buts, no kidding, no offense, no pain no gain, no way...choose one and tell us how it applies to your life currently.

Several of these could apply to some aspect of my life right now.  The "no big deal" could relate to the fact I have withdrawn from Facebook for a while.  It really has been no big deal and I really haven't missed it.

No way will I ever take a knee to another human being.  The fact that this seems to be the current expectation by some, and acceptable by others, is abhorant to me.  This could also be "no ifs ands or buts."  Not going to happen.

3. Thursday June 11th is National Making Life Beautiful Day...in this strange season how are you adding beauty to your days/life?

Every day holds its own beauty.  There is beauty in nature all around me and I enjoy being part of it.  On Monday I posted a blog of examples of God's wonderful world around me.  (See it HERE. )
We added the beauty of two of our granddaughters recently.
Thinking on the things of God and His Word bring beauty to my life and days.  Being able to spend each day with my life partner is a beautiful thing.
We enjoyed the overnight company of long-time friends this week.  They brought beauty to our lives.
And on and on.  I choose to find something beautiful in each and every day.

4. According to an article found here, these six foods taste better in June than at any other time of the year-strawberries, asparagus, peas, peaches, beets, and garlic. How many of these have you tasted so far this month? Anything on the list you'd say 'no thank you' to trying? Rearrange the list starting with your favorite (1) to your least favorite (6).

1.  Asparagus - I have had it multiple times so far this month.
2.  Peaches
3 Garlic - at least a bit of this seasoning goes on much of what I cook - especially asparagus
4.  Strawberries
5. Peas - I haven't had any so far this month but think I will cook some purple hull peas for dinner tonight.
6.  Beets - this is my least favorite but had some on a salad recently.
5. Describe your current mood in three words.

Relaxed, refreshed, eager

6. Insert your own random thought here.

As mentioned earlier, we got to spend time with Granddaughters 1 and 2 last weekend.  Chandler and Brad stopped by on their way going and coming from celebrating their 5th wedding anniversary in Orange Beach.  Love those two so much.

Cassidy came by her self and spent a couple nights with us.  While here she wanted to create something for her new apartment.  So this is what she did.


She has such a great eye for color and very discriminating tastes.


She had never painted before but had an idea of what she wanted to achieve.  I think she did so well and can't wait to see how she uses them

My daughter-in-law had sent me a picture of a breakfast she had made consisting of "frazzled" eggs and "blistered" tomatoes.


Nothing would do but that Cassidy and I do our frazzling and blistering.  We did add a veggie burger on the toast which was a very nice addition.  Next time, we will mash the avocado and use it as a dressing on the toast.  But, it was not only tasty and filling but pretty.

Now, go and add something beautiful to your day.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

11 comments:

  1. Isn't it wonderful to be able to have visitors again? I have not seen my granddaughters yet as they live far away but hopefully soon. Sophie looks adorable. I'm sure she will have a lovely visit with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie is so cute! I agree with your stance on not taking a knee. How nice that you are able to have in house visitors again. We visited outside on our deck with our pastor and his family for a short time this past week. It was so nice to be fellowshipping in person. We seem to finally be moving along with our reopening so hoping it will continue.
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie is so cute. Your frazzled eggs and blistered tomatoes look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Libby, you are truly blessed. How wonderful to have all that company and that sweet little dog. Your granddaughter did a lovely job on her first painting. All the beauty of your days are what matters. And your answer to number 2 about taking a knee - only knees to bow here will be to God. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big fan of avocado toast. I sprinkle some red pepper flakes on mine and that makes it extra yummy. I so understand your decision regarding FB. I had three friends drop off FB for good this week. I haven't quit, but have hidden so much and do far less scrolling than I used to. Take care and so glad you had time with some of your grands!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of our Cocker Spaniels lost an eye near the end of his life. It didn’t change him a bit and we still miss him these 8 or so years later.

    Withdrawing from FB is a good idea. That’s a wild scene, isn’t it?!!!

    You could make a wonderful calendar with your nature photos. They are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sophie is sooooo cute! Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day -- no matter the time! I've never heard of frazzled eggs but it sure looks yummy. Like you, I'm not taking a knee for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, babysitting the dog is sweet of you. Facebook these days is a very hard place to be. I keep getting drawn to it but I can't comment or like much of what I see. Your three words are refreshing. The paintings are lovely and that breakfast looks delicious. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my goodness, I thought you and Dick had caved and gotten yourselves a dog. Babysitting one is by far the best choice, well, for us it is. I've really fallen off the blog wagon and will try to change that soon. :o)) Enjoyable answers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so enjoyed reading about your beautiful, blessed life. I am right with you on taking a knee to another human being...no way.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.