Wednesday, June 17, 2020

A Lovely Summery Hodgepodge


In Louisiana, the Egret is a commonly seen bird, especially in the waterways.


Some friends took a boat ride this past Sunday on Cross Lake, and captured this beautiful bird in flight.  Now this is Louisiana!

Thank you Joyce for this week's questions.  Join us HERE to see how others have answered them.


1. Saturday marks the first official day of summer! Whoohoo! Your favorite thing about the season?

This is not an easy question to answer because summer is not my favorite season.  I like neither the heat nor the humidity here in Louisiana.  I definitely don't like the mosquitoes.  So, what do I like?  

Hummm.

I do like the pretty flowers and the green grass in my yard and those yards around me, and watching the birds play. 

We had the best time watching this male Cardinal bathe and splash in the water of our fountain.

 Right now I suppose my favorite thing would be the early morning water aerobic classes I am going to at our club house three days a week.  The water, exercise and fellowship with other ladies is the highlight.

2. Love it!, labor of love, not for love or money, no love lost, love handles, love does, love-hate relationship, misery loves company, tough love, love will find a way...pick one and tell us how it applies to your life right now.

"LOVE DOES..."

Our son is part of a men's Bible Study that meets once a week.  This past week he led the study and since it was on Zoom, I was able to sit out of the camera range and listen to the discussion.  His topic was "What About Love?"

He did a great job by the way, and there are some extremely wise, theologians in that group.

John concluded the discussion with these 8 topics.  Good to think about.

1.  I must confess my lack of love as sin
2.  I must count on the fact that, in Christ, I died to the sin of unlove
3.  I must choose to love that person
4.  I must trust God to do what I cannot do
5.  I must pray that person into my heart
6.  I must earnestly seek to change my attitude toward that person
7.  I may need to go see that person
8.  I must plan positive behavior

3. What's one thing currently causing you to seethe?


Stupidity, stupidity, stupidity

One thing currently making you smile?

That there are some wise, thoughtful folks who are truly seeking to make a GOOD difference in our country right now.

4. Of the following to-dos found on a summer checklist (here) which three would definitely make your personal list of summer want-to-dos?

roast marshmallows over a fire, go berry or peach picking, dangle your feet off the end of a dock, sit on a porch swing, watch the sunset from a beach, nap in a hammock, go barefoot in the grass, collect seashells, play tennis, go fishing, build a sandcastle, catch fireflies, eat a soft serve ice cream cone, make a pitcher of Sangria, swim in a lake, stargaze, ride a bike, paddle a canoe or kayak, make a summer road trip, throw a frisbee

Definitely make a summer road trip.



If that road trip could be back to Mackinaw Island, then it would also include a bike ride, and afterward a cone of soft ice cream.

Do you make an actual list?

No

5. Thursday is National Splurge Day. What might you splurge on in order to celebrate?

A trip back to Mackinaw Island?

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Today, Tuesday, is the birthday of the mother of these grown, precious grandchildren.

Image preview

I could not have asked for a better daughter-in-love than 
Michelle.  She is a wonderful, loving wife to our son and the best mother our grandchildren could have.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MICHELLE!
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, JOHN
We love you BOTH.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

8 comments:

  1. Great answer to question #3 I feel the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, yes to #3! Happy Birthday to Michelle and now I am reminded I need to get out and buy Father's Day cards. Now. Right now. Someday I would like to go to Mackinaw Island.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Michelle! I've not been to Mackinaw Island since '65(?), so I'd love to see it through these 'mature' eyes. :) Thank you for sharing your son's topics. In particular, #'s 4, 5 and 6 have humbled me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Libby, nice to "meet" you. I can relate to question 1, I'm in Florida. Summer is definitely my least favorite season. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been to Mackinaw Island, but it's on my list. I do hope we can travel again freely one day soon. Happy birthday to your daughter-in-law. I'm sure she thinks she got a good mother-in-law when she joined your family : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Water aerobics sounds like a great way to start the day. I love watching the birds and you snapped a great shot of that cardinal. So great to see a mother-in-law praising her daughter-in-law! She and your son make a beautiful couple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cardinal. My family in Florida keep getting cardinal visits since my dad passed away. I'm not getting any here in CA so thank you for the photo. It does my heart good to hear about your son. We honeymooned on Mackinaw Island in 1972. Happy birthday to Michelle and Father's Day to John. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.