Saturday, June 13, 2020

Saturday 9: The Cowsills


Welcome to Saturday 9.  We post 9 questions every Saturday. Usually they follow a theme based on a song from the past.



The Rain, the Park and Other Things



Saturday 9: The Rain, The Park, and Other Things (1967)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The Cowsills were a family band who had three hit singles. Can you name another group of popular singing siblings?

The Carpenters and more recently the Jonas Brothers

2) This was their first hit, and it reached #2 on the Billboard charts. It was kept out of the #1 slot by the Monkees and "Daydream Believer." What's your favorite Monkees song?

Would it be rude to say I don't have one?

3) After seeing the Cowsill brothers perform with their mother and sister, TV producers were inspired to create the sitcom, The Partridge Family. Did you ever watch it?


Yes, we did watch it some but it was never a family favorite.

4) In the song, the narrator takes a flower from a girl in the park. Are there flowers in your home right now?

Yes, there are fresh flowers on my dining table.


5) He isn't sure if the girl was real, or if he dreamed her. Tell us about a recent dream you had.


I had a nightmare that something had happened to my son.  Thankfully, it was only a dream.

6) At the height of the Cowsills' popularity, they were hired by the American Dairy Association to promote drinking milk. If we were to peek into your refrigerator right now, would we find any milk?

You would find both Chocolate and White Almond Milk

7) After the band stopped performing together, John Cowsill went on to become a back up musician for the Beach Boys. His job has kept him on the road much of the time. When you travel, do you enjoy staying in hotels, or would you rather stay with friends/family?

Is this a trick question?


When we travel to see family/friends, then that is where we want to stay.
When we travel for traveling's sake, then we want to stay in a hotel.

8)  In 1967, the year this song was popular, Elvis married Priscilla in Las Vegas. Have you attended any weddings yet this year? Are there any weddings in your future?

There haven't been many publicly attended weddings so far this year due to the quarantine, so I have not been to one.  We do have a big wedding to look forward to in October when our grandson gets married.  We can hardly wait.

9) Random question: Are the bottoms of your feet ticklish?


Now this is indeed a random question.  No, they really aren't ticklish and certainly not to the extreme that they can't be touched.



Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

10 comments:

  1. Gosh, I loved the Carpenters! Now I'm kicking myself for having forgotten to pick up almond milk yesterday. We only keep it on hand in the hot summer months to enjoy with frozen coffee (ice) cubes. Wishing y'all a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is itt too early to say congrats on the grandson's wedding?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quarantine didn't start here in Chicagoland until March 15, so the Valentine's Day brides got to celebrate as planned. I saw a news story about couples who got hitched on Valentine's Day at the Skydeck of Sears Tower (or Willis Tower, or whatever they call it these days). ANYWAY, my niece is planning an October wedding, just like your grandson's. I hope she'll be able to have her day as planned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your grandson is able to have his wedding - and that you get to go. Those are special occasions! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you on #2. I am just not a Monkees fan.
    How exciting about your Grandson's wedding! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope by the time of the wedding things have calmed down. I just can't get to like almond milk though my daughter is a big fan of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love chocolate milk! I haven't it in years & I miss it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Libby, I'm with you on the hotels. I prefer to be with my close family and a hotel is great when on a trip. Is the chocolate almond milk good? I might be interested in that. I think I used almond milk for a while in my smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, you're the first person I've come across with fresh flowers in the house. Eureka! And I hate it when I have bad dreams about my kids. Kinda gets me off-kilter for much of the next day. I'm jealous of your not-very-ticklish feet! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never had chocolate almond milk. Is it good?

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.