Monday, April 6, 2020

COVID Easter Table Decor


I am seeing so many beautiful ideas for decorating your table for Easter.


Can you imagine sitting at this beautiful breakfast table with 8 members of your family on Easter Sunday?  It would mean breaking a lot of arms and rules for me to pull this off.


I loved this one; however, it is well past tulip season where I live and florists are non-essential businesses here. I do have lots of grass though that I could use.


This woodsy theme would definitely be an option, since the woods are about the only place we can go without counting the number of others there.  So keep this one in mind.


Again, unless you have faux tulips, this table arrangement may pose a problem but it does offer inspiration. You could always stick some other fake flower stems in a vase or bring in a potted plant you bought before being quarantined.  For the place mats, let me suggest you go into the attic and find some small Christmas wreaths.  It's possible and probable your housemate(s) will never notice that there is red instead of pink ribbon on them.

As you can tell I have put a lot of time and research into designing what I feel is most appropriate for my husband and me.

So let me share.

During these extended days of isolation we have come up with ways of spending time separately as well as together.  One thing we have discovered that we enjoy doing together is playing a couple of our favorite games.


Thus my 2020 COVID-19 Easter tablescape!


Instructions for doing this in your home:

1.  Rummikubs:  Carefully dump the pieces on the table then turn over so that only the plain side is on top; shuffle again after your husband has done it; the of angle the trays is crucial.  They must be placed so neither player can see what will be on the other.

With this arrangement done, you are ready when the mood strikes you.


2.  Mexican Train:  I am not sure how long the name of this game will be politically correct, so use it while you can.

In my particular arrangement, we have the game pieces already shuffled and arranged; however, you may want to redo that again later.  I also strategically placed the "train organizer" on top of the pieces for convenience and the two colorful trains where they can be seen and easily found.


One special point I want to make is that when you do this at home, you will always want to have the right domino for the next game in place.  This means going the extra mile, but it is so worth it.


Let me stress that you do not have to go this extreme to be as thematic as I have.  To satisfy my sense of decor and need for symmetry, I placed a faux arrangement on a beaded placemat that is actually Easter related, to serve as a background. 


One more suggestion before encouraging you to try this for yourself, is that you will want to leave room at each person's place setting for a large bowl of popcorn and drink of choice.

Please do not be intimidated by my extremely high standard.  You can do this!

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.