Wednesday, April 1, 2020

A Pink Springing Spring

We bloggers are using our isolation to join together for a weekly time of community to answer questions given by Joyce.


1. Has spring sprung in your part of the world?


Yes it has.  Northwest Louisiana is really greening up more every day.

   How can you tell?


First of all my across the street neighbor's Bradford Pear trees are profuse with blooms.



The the azaleas bloomed.  We did not have a good azalea season here though.  Even the large gardens in town didn't have the lush blooms and flowers that we normally do.



The birds are another indication that spring has sprung.  We have another generation of doves to nest over a column on our front porch.

   Did March come in like a lion where you live?


March came in with storms and a lot of rain, so I would call in like a lion.  We didn't have tornadoes from these storms, but other states and towns did, unfortunately.

   Going out like a lamb or something more ferocious?


We missed the storms predicted for us yesterday and last night thankfully, but we did have rain and cool temperatures.  I could live with 60 degree days all through out spring and summer.

2. The last thing that caused you to spring to your feet?


Oh goodness, springing to my feet is more of an intentional action these days.  What makes me move a bit faster is when Dick calls my name and tries to communicate from another room.

3. Do you have a spring clean to-do list?


NO WAY!  I try to keep the house fairly clean and even more so during these days.  I do not do spring cleaning as such, because it is an on-going process all year round.  There are projects that need to be dealt with but they fit in all during the year and not just for spring.  No rug beating around here.

   What's one chore on the list you've already managed to accomplish? 


Although there is no list to refer to, I have cleaned out my winter closet and have bags and bags of things I didn't wear this winter to take for donation.

  What spring clean chore do you most dread?
The most dreaded job would be cleaning windows and doing a thorough cleaning of all my plantation shutters.
4. Tell us something you've learned about yourself or the wider world as a result of social distancing/the virus crisis.


This video presents such a wonderful perspective of how we can deal with this strange time in our lives and our country.

It isn't the end of the world.  It is the most amazing picture of global solidarity we have ever seen.

I see neighbors doing for each other as I've never seen or been a part of before.

On my walks all during the day, I see dads out playing with their children, teaching them to ride without training wheels, playing ball in open fields and yards.

Children being creative with chalks on the sidewalks and driveways.

Dick and I are discovering that being together 24/7 isn't at all as bad as we thought it might be.  We are enjoying each other's company while also giving each other space.

I've also been reminded that people can be very mean and judgmental and that it is especially noticeable and ugly in times such as this.  But, there is also a lot of forgiveness and reconciliation right now.

Actually, this is an amazing time to be here on this beautiful earth.

5. Something you love that's the color pink?

Pink is not a color I use much in my clothes or my home.

Lauren Ralph Lauren Women's Pajamas, Sleepwear & Nightgowns ...

However, I do think this might be my Easter attire for this year.

6. Insert your own random thought here.



This week two of the most precious people, dearest friends, most devoted followers of Christ, dedicated parents and grandparents, and the most in-love couple I know, are facing the most difficult fight of their lives.

Wayne and Nancy, the couple second from right, were both diagnosed with COVID-19.  Nancy is in critical condition in ICU.  Wayne was hospitalized yesterday with severe symptoms.

We do not know or can begin to understand how God works.  Could it be that Wayne is in that hospital to see Nancy when he is allowed, to speak words of love, comfort and faith to her?  To pray over her?  Being together even for a short time, may be the healing balm both of them need.

Please pray for our friends.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

7 comments:

  1. Prayers for your friends.

    Such pretty pictures of spring from your area!

    I have a stack of things her waiting to be donated as well. All thrift shops are closed in our area until at least April 30th. So I need to figure where I want to pile this stuff until I can donate it.

    Blessings, and stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your friends, Libby. These are truly difficult times for those who are sick and cannot have visits from loved ones. Your flowers are beautiful, but your thoughts about coping with Covid are even more so. I like your Easter outfit, but no bonnet? And cleaning windows are the dreaded chore for me until I actually get with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your friends Libby. I will remember them in my prayers too. I liked what your shared about these times we're living in right now. I think perspective is a beautiful thing, and looking for good is always a way to feel better about something that is hard. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear Lord, please help and comfort Wayne and Nancy. Help them to know they are not alone. Give them your peace and joy in the midst of their suffering and pain. Heal them Lord for your glory. We pray in Jesus' name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to hear about your friends Wayne and Nancy. Amen to Ellen's prayer.
    I know of three ladies who have/had Covid19. They are all on the mend and at home. I hope your friends recover completely and soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on Spring Cleaning, it's pretty much a constant process around here for me. Yes, it's fun to be back together on Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed all of your answers, Libby. Being together 24/7 with the hubs since me moved here has been an adjustment for sure...especially since he worked away from home 5 days/nights a week...and then move into an RV??? Now that we are confined and he isn't even doing the shopping in fear of bringing something back to my weakened immune system, I am thankful that we have plenty of room to roam...what a blessing that is, especially now that the weather is getting so nice. I am continuing to pray for Wayne and Nancy. Keep posting updates, please. Enjoy the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.