Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge






Because there is no going to the gym early in the mornings any more, I have tried to take a couple long walks in and around our neighborhood every day.  Below is my favorite walking path and my 5-day Fitbit report this morning, Tuesday.



I am especially loving these cool temperatures right now.



Also, we were able to participate in our Easter service responsive reading by video.  Isn't it wonderful that none of this came as a surprise to our God and in His great wisdom, made it possible for us to continue not forsaking the assembling of ourselves in worship; albeit in a different mode.

Now, to the purpose at hand:

Wednesday Hodgepodge

I always look forward to Tuesdays because I get to answer the questions Joyce from This Side of the Pond comes up with for the Wednesday Hodgepodge.

1. In Monday’s post I mentioned I would incorporate the word I was given for letter K into this week’s questions. That word was karaoke. On a scale of 1-10 how excited would you be to find out there was karaoke happening at your next gathering/outing with friends? 
10=gimme that microphone!, and 1=I suddenly remembered there’s somewhere else I need to be.
Definitely a 1

Have you ever actually done karaoke? If you had to perform karaoke what would be your ‘go-to’song?

I have only done karaoke once and that was so many years ago I can't remember the occasion, only the horror of it.  There surely isn't a go-to-song these days of not being able to sing at all.

2. How do you listen to music these days? Favorite app or do you listen the old fashioned way? Do you have music playing often in your home? Is there still a CD player in your car?

We usually have music going most of the day in the house.  I will either ask Alexa to play a particular artist or genre; play selections from my stations on Pandora through a Sony speaker or the TV app.

Yes, there is a CD player in both our cars, but we don't use it often.

3. The HP lands on US tax day this year. Or what used to be tax day before everything including filing your taxes was cancelled, delayed, postponed or extended. FYI- filing your taxes has not been cancelled, only delayed for a bit.

Besides staying away from anyone and everyone, what have you found taxing lately?

Honestly, I really haven't found anything to be taxing.  I am perfectly content to be home; socializing has never been a must for me.  Okay, there is one thing, and that is just knowing I can't travel to see my family in Dallas (lest I be arrested or fined) or make our scheduled trip to Northern Indiana in May.  We did do a big joint ZOOM visit on Sunday with everyone (except John who had a new hospital to open). It was wonderful seeing everyone all together and to catch up on each other's goings on right now.  Loved it!

4. You’re without power so no oven, and you can’t open your frig or freezer in order to keep what’s in there from spoiling. And you don’t have access to take out. What will you make us for dinner?

The Peanut Butter, Jelly, And Bacon Sandwich You Never Knew You ...

You will be offered the basic mixed - never layered - peanut butter and jelly sandwich with options to add a variety of toppings such as bananas, sliced to your liking, and either crumbled or strips of bacon.  This will be served on your choice of china, pottery, corelle, or paper napkin.

5.  I’ve seen this exercise going around Facebook and thought it would be a good one to include in the HP...what are five things everybody seems to love and go crazy for that you personally don’t care for?

1.  Country Western Music
2.  Shopping
3.  Cartoons
4.  Star Wars Movies
5.  Ripped/torn jeans

6.  Insert your own random thought here.


I have received some of the most adorable pictures of my granddogs this week, and cannot resist sharing them with you.  Can we just say they are loved and adored members of their respective household?


Sophie is our oldest and mildest mannered of the bunch.  She recently had to have an eye removed but I think it just made her more adorable.

Her main activity during the day is to keep her favorite person, my daughter company in the chair while Christy works from home.  Sophie stands in the kitchen doorway every morning waiting to hear, "Let's go to work!"  Off she goes and there she stays.  I love this sweet dog and she loves her Bibby holds.


Big Goldenboy Samson is the only male in the bunch and has his own Instagram account.  How is that for special!  As a typical Golden Retriever this 75 lb baby is extremely friendly and loves his family.  However, Chandler told us he has let them know they are infringing on his alone time during these work-from-home days.  We love our red-headed big boy.


And then there is the diva of the bunch, Miss Skye Lane Day.  Skye is a mini Golden Doodle and pretty much rules the roost at the Day house.  She bonded most deeply with Savannah when they got her but is thrilled that all her favorite people are back home and she is the full center of attention.  She celebrated her 2nd birthday this week, and was celebrated with plenty of snuggles.  Is there ever enough for a diva puppy?

And what do this pictures have in common?  There are three pooches out there that are very much spoiled and loved.

I trust you have a great week.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

9 comments:

  1. Good job on walking so much. I never heard of bacon on a pbj sandwich but it sounds interesting. The pups are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh, bacon on PBJ...never thought of that. Will have to give it a try. Yeah, I don't get the ripped jeans thing either. My son tends to wear a hole in one knee, not both (Go figure?) and so sometimes he unintentionally sports that look until I can get him some new jeans. Happy Hodgepodge to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics of the granddoggies. Stay healthy, Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this a first I have ever heard of of bacon on a PBJ sandwich but who am I to knock it? Don't they say bacon makes everything better? Those pups are just adorable! Have a great week, Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressed with your walking! That sandwich looks real good. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dogs are not going to know what to do when everyone returns to work : ) Your sandwich looks good. I'd be okay with that for dinner. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute dogs! Well done on the walking - we go out each day for a walk but I'm not clocking up too many steps. Funny how lots of people mention peanut butter for the food option. We have a gas hob so I'd still be able to rustle up something hot in a power cut.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Libby, I have never tried bacon on PB&J, but bacon does make everything better. Your commitment to get a walk in during this time is most commendable. The grand dogs are so adorable. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still play my CD's in my car and in the house. I've never cared for Country Western Music. First and only CD I bought was Scotty McCreery from American Idol. Just love the photos, so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.