Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Easter, Faith, Celebration


We are joining Joyce for our Easter Week questions today.  Click on the link and join us to answer these questions for yourself.


1. How will you celebrate Easter this year?


We are celebrating Easter all week long.  One way is to listen to beautiful, stirring music such as the video from Shadow Mountain Church, 


We are reading scripture in preparation for Easter Sunday.

Our church will host an online Maundy Thursday service that we will virtually attend.

Our church has also posted a virtual Stations of the Cross that we will do.

On Sunday, we will join with members of our Sunday School class for Bible Study on our FB page.  My husband teaches and we have had excellent response from our members as well as family and friends.

Afterward, we will join our church family for online worship.  Just because the church doors are closed doesn't mean the Church of Jesus Christ is closed down.  We are very much alive and well, and look forward to Praising the Risen Lord together by whatever means available.


2. Is it easier for you to receive grace offered or extend grace to another? Explain.


That is such a good and thought provoking question, Joyce.  Grace means unmerited favor, and for some reason we want to feel we have some hand in the act of grace.  We also think we have to be worthy of grace in order to receive it.  Neither could be further from the truth, because if it were, then it wouldn't be grace.

Because God has poured out His unmerited favor on me, I am better able to both receive and extend.

3. Do you say grace before meals? If so do you have a standard dinnertime grace or is it more 'off the cuff' ? Do you say grace when dining out? Do you have a favorite grace? Any special memory associated with 'saying grace'?


Yes, we always give thanks before a meal.  As a family and as a couple we hold hands, close our eyes, and bow our heads.

Each prayer is "off the cuff" and we pray for other things as well as being thankful for the food.

Yes, we also hold hands and pray when eating out.

No, we do not have a favorite prayer.

As children, we prayed the familiar prayer, "God is great, God is good, Let us thank Him for our food. Amen!"  I remember seeing my sister peaking and naming each dish on the table at times when it was her turn to say the blessing.

4. What are some challenges you think the next generation will face? (Generation Alpha-born between 2011 and 2025)

I think many of those challenges depend on how and when we come out of this crisis period and how we adjust to the new normal.  Whether or not jobs and the economy bounces back, will determine the lifestyles of families in the future.  I do think each generation has the opportunity to learn from the past and become stronger than the one before.  This is my hope and prayer for my grandchildren and yet to be born great grandchildren.

5. Share a favorite quote or lyric featuring the word faith.


"My faith has found a resting place
not in device or creed.
I trust the Everliving One, His wounds for me shall plead.
I need no other argument
I need no other plea.
It is enough that Jesus died,
and that He died for me."

6.  Insert your own random thought here.


Today is the 27th birthday of our first grandchild, Chandler.


From day one, this child was all JOY!

Bali - 2020 Trip

She loves life and all it has for her.  She and her husband Brad love each other deeply and others generously.

Spain - 2019 Trip

She is gorgeous and good.  She loves to travel.  She loves her dog child, Samson.
She loves her Kindergarten children.  She loves her family and gives of herself to them.  She loves the Lord and is devoted to His call on her life.

And, we love our Chan!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHANDLER
from your BIGGEST fans,
Daddea and Bibby

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your granddaughter! She is a lovely young woman with an obvious zest for life. Praying you and yours have a healthy, happy, and blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your beautiful granddaughter. My daughters were taught the prayer...God is Great, God is Good..also.
    Have a Blessed Easter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your granddaughter! And I love that hymn you quoted. I do think that the next generation is going to face challenges that we have not had, but Jesus Christ is alive and well working through his Church. Have a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your beautiful granddaughter! That picture on the swing makes my stomach quiver and my knees weak! But it is gorgeous! Libby, you chose the same song I did, and Jay and I and whoever we were with also held hands and said grace. As always, your answers are filled with wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness, how can C be 27???? And, that picture of her in the swing, stunning! Enjoy this most different Easter as we celebrate our Risen Lord. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, Happy Birthday to your dear granddaughter, Chandler! She is beautiful!

    Your explanation of grace is on target. I am blessed to be able to say I experience God's grace every day.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your dear granddaughter. What an uplifting Hodgepodge. A very Happy Easter to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved all of your great answers. And Happy Birthday to your gorgeous grand daughter! Many blessings as you continue to celebrate this Holy Week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to your beautiful granddaughter! Happy Easter to you and your family Libby! The meaning of the day retains it's significance, even if our circumstances are unusual.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.