Monday, February 11, 2013

Family Movie Night & Porch Update

I sure won't be a candidate for getting the Early-Bird Posting Award.  Oh well, it is always good to join up with the ladies who post with Carissa for Miscellany Monday, regardless the time I get it done.

We are still in Indiana with our family here and in spite of having had a stomach bug or a touch of food poisoning for a few days, are having a great visit.

I haven't ventured out into the town(s) much this trip.  The weather and the bug have kept me in somewhat more than usual, but since I am a home body anyway, I'm not complaining.

 Last night was family movie night for us.  Somehow, we had all failed to see this movie when it came out, so it was a perfect time to watch.
It really is such a sweet movie and several of us softies were sniffing at the end.  If you haven't seen it, I do recommend it.

Several months ago, I mentioned that Hubby and I were in a quandary about whether to enclose our little back porch or not.  I am happy to report that we have settled on a decision.

We met with a builder and he thinks he can do the enclosure for a very reasonable cost.  Of course, the first step is for him to sketch it out so we can present it to the HOA for architecture approval.  That shouldn't be a problem since it will not involve a structure or changes to existing roof line, etc.

We will remove the door and transom that is open in the picture above and use it in the new exterior wall.  We will try to use the same size windows that we currently have, on each side of the exterior door.

There will be a built-in buffet/cabinet where the narrow black iron table is currently.  As I envision this being an extension of our bedroom as well as an outdoor passage, I plan to use the same olive green paint that is in the bedroom.  The off white trim will remain.

Now, to get it done, then to furnish it so that we can take advantage of the narrow space for more than two chairs.

Ideas are always welcome.

Stay tuned for future updates.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, your porch is going to be so, so nice. Think y'all made a good decision. I want Tommy to see y'alls place so badly so we're just going to have to venture over one day.

    Ugh! stomach bug....the worse and especially when you are away from home.

    Enjoy the rest of your stay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your feeling better! Your porch is going to be so nice. Looking forward to seeing more updates.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.