Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Springtime In My Yard

With so much negative, scary, and threatening situations around us these days, I needed to get outside and find something positive.  One thing we can trust is God's plan.  He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  He never changes and we can draw strength from the evidence of this in His creation.

Spring is springing at our house in Northwest Louisiana.


The Bradford Pear trees across the street were the first signs that there will be a season change soon.


However, the big old Pecan tree behind us hasn't been given that message yet and when it does start blooming, we know spring has sprung.


I love the details of this old gnarled tree.



This is the first year we have had Eastern Bluebirds to nest in our birdhouse that has hung on our fence for almost three years.  We have loved watching these parents prepare their home for the next generation.


While daddy bird keeps watch, momma bird gathers materials.


Our yard is full of azaleas and they are beginning to make their showing.




Another indication Spring is here is the pollen that covers everything.


A new bud still wearing it's hat covering.







Mid March is the time hummingbirds begin to send scouts to our part of the country, so my first feeder went out this week.  The birdbath has been given its bath and is ready for all my bird friends.

I hope there are signs of Spring in your yard as well.

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

3 comments:

  1. I have tulips and lilies that might be trying to bloom soon. I need to check my wagon wheel planters outside and see what they look like now. They have green coming up, I know. Hopefully, the weather here warms soon and we can begin to enjoy some days outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoyed your photos. That bird is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love spring so much! Stay safe and healthy, Libby!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.