Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Wednesday Hodgepodge: Random Thoughts
1. When were you last facing an ocean? Using just ONE word, describe how you felt as you faced that ocean.
A few years ago, we and best friends went to California on vacation. We drove along the Pacific Ocean on Hwy 1 between San Francisco and San Luis Obispo. This may very well be the most scenic highway in the country. I can only think of one word to describe this experience: AWESTRUCK!
2. What are three sounds you hate to hear?
1. A high-pitched, whiny female voice
2. Screaming, crying baby or child
3. The screeching of car tires and blowing of horns around me
3. This question comes to you courtesy of some real life friends. Hi real life friends! When you shop for yourself, do you try everything on in the store before buying or do you buy, try on at home, and then return what you don't like or what doesn't fit?
As a general rule, I try clothes on because I am so hard to fit. Shopping is not one of my favorite things, so I sure don't like having to take something back.
4. February 26th is National Pistachio Day...are you a fan of the little green nut? Do you use them in cooking and baking or prefer to eat them right out of the shell?
Yes, we like the little green nut, but I had no idea there was a National Pistachio Day. Interesting! I usually keep a bowl of them out on our counter for munching.
5. When did you last have to compromise with someone? Were you happy to reach the compromise or slightly irritated it was necessary?
Oh, life is full of compromises, both large and small. However, I don't think I want to expound any more than that on this question.
6. Have you ever written a letter to an elected official? Did you get a response?
I did write a letter to our Congressman a couple years ago and received a form letter in return. I decided then that it really doesn't matter what I do and will let my vote speak for me in the future. It is very frustrating though to think that we really have very little say in the running of our government.
7. We 'March' into a new month at the end of this week...what's something on your March calendar guaranteed to make you smile?
We don't have anything big planned for March, but hopefully every day I am able to get out of bed will bring a smile to my face.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
On Saturday night, Hubby and I enjoyed our night at the Symphony. They have had such a great variety of performances in this season's Masterworks Series, and we have looked forward to every one of them. This one was titled, "Wicked Divas." It starred two young vocalists who have played roles in this Broadway production. They sang three songs from "Wicked" but also a variety of others. It was a wonderful night and made us look forward with even more eager anticipation to seeing "Wicked" on the stage in South Bend, IN while there in May.
Hubby is on our church's mission planning committee. That committee, under the leadership of a new pastor and new missions intern, are evaluating all agency/ministry involvement. Hubby and I were assigned to interview the Director of Programing at the Providence House here. We met with her yesterday and came away so impressed with what that agency is doing to break the cycle of homelessness in this area. I am looking forward to becoming personally involved as the opportunity arises.
Posted by Elizabeth Day at 10:50 AM