Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Welcome to Joyce's 475th Wednesday Hodgepodge.

1.  Something you've labored over recently?

A couple weeks ago I labored over a painting.  I thought I knew what I wanted to achieve using a new technique.  After applying layer after layer and removing layer after layer, I finally resigned myself to the fact that it looked better hanging on a wall of the garage than one inside my house.  And there it remains.

2.  How will you rest on Labor Day?

Much as I do every other day.  Nothing planned and life goes on.

3.  Margaret Mead is quoted as saying, "I learned the value of hard work by working hard."  Would you agree?  Where and how did you learn the value of hard work?

Yes, I do agree.

My parents were great examples of doing whatever it took.  Though neither had "hard" jobs per say, they worked hard to keep a roof over our heads, food on the table, nice clothes to wear, and always a home where people were welcomed.

I also learned the value of hard work from our son.  He started working on a friend's farm at the age of 13 and with each difficult job, and every degree thereafter, developed a great work ethic. He is reaping the benefits of that to this day.

4.  It's National Eat Outside Day (August 31st).  Will you?  Do you enjoy dining 'al fresco' or prefer indoor seating?

I will not be dining outside on the 31st.

Yes, we do enjoy dining 'al fresco' when the Texas weather permits.  That means that most of our dining-out seating is inside.  Dick and I enjoy having our brunch out on our patio though as weather permits.

5.  Somehow it's the end of August.  What was the best day of the month for you and tell us what made it so?

The best day of the month of August would be days in early August that we spent in Indiana with our family.  We got to meet our 2nd great grandson, so that was mighty 'best.'  We took some fun road trips while there that helped make those days also some of the best.  Family time is always the best!

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

September 2 is my sweeties 82nd birthday and the 4th is our 57th wedding anniversary.  We are so grateful that God has blessed these many years together and Dick with good health.  May we have many more.

.
Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

10 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your sweetie! Mine celebrates a birthday tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your sweetie ... and Happy Anniversary, too! A bit behind, but Tom and I celebrate our 18th on September 4.
    Chuckling over your #1. It so reminds me of a quote that, in part, inspired my blog back in 2008: Lillian Hellman's Pentimento.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday and anniversary! Quite the accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the picture but it's awesome that you are painting and trying new techniques. Almost everyone I've read today mentioned their parents being hard workers. Glad your trip went well and it was so wonderful meeting your 2nd great grandson. Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your hubby and happy anniversary to y'all (both in advance!!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great picture! Cannot believe Dick will be 82, he looks great. And, a big happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Wonderful! A very happy Anniversary to the two of you and a happy birthday to your dear husband. You two are looking great. God bless you with many more years together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw your most best day is so sweet!

    And happy birthday to your husband, and happy anniversary to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to Dick and Happy Anniversary to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed your answers! Happy anniversary and happy birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.