Wednesday, August 24, 2022

A Waffling Hodgepodge

Welcome to the Hodgepodge with Joyce


1.  August 24th is National Waffle Day...what's something you've 'waffled' on recently?

Whether or not to replace my living room rug.  I really like the rug and it worked perfectly in our Louisiana home; however, it does not fit our current living room the way I would like it to.  Do I replace a beautiful antique large rug that we spent over $1,000 having cleaned when we moved in, with one that does fit?  Or do I keep it and live with it?

2.  Do you like waffles?  Make your own or 'leggo my Eggo?  Any favorite toppings or add-ins?  Waffles or pancakes - which do you prefer?

Yes I do but haven't eaten any in years.
When I served waffles, I made my own but used a batter mix.  Bisquick, I think.
I added whatever toppings the kids wanted at the time.  Yes, it's been that long ago.  I finally got rid of my iron when we moved.
You see the problem is I prefer them both!  And I prefer them drowned  in butter and syrup

3.  Do you have any mementos from this summer (or past summers)?  What do you do with them?

I've never been a memento collector other than memories.  I do have tons of pictures of summer excursions and trips but no shells and trinkets.

4.  One thing you'd like to do before summer ends?

Oh gracious, I'm just ready for it to end.  I think the cool temps this week after the horrific flooding in the Dallas/Ft Worth area have been a nice teaser.  We got lots of rain but thankfully no flooding on Monday as those just south of us did.

I do have some road trips on my fall list though.

5.  Life is too short to not live in harmony with others.  "How good and pleasant it is when brothers (and sisters) live together in harmony...for there the Lord has appointed the blessing - life forevermore." Ps 133:1 & 3

6.  Insert your own random thought here.


Random thoughts usually turn toward grands and greats these days.


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

6 comments:

  1. Oo that rug question is a tough one! I would have a hard time parting with an antique rug! Could you make it work in a different area?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You stated my similar thought in #5 much better than I did. I feel the same. We made a very expensive rug work in this house. The size is okay but the colors are not what I would have chosen for this house. A decorator helped me with accents to make the colors fit and I actually like it now. It is hard to give up an expensive rug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Greats are just the cutest. I can imagine your angst in changing out that rug. Amen to #5. I was sorry to read about the weather events that caused flooding. Glad your place is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to #5!! Love, love, love your random thought!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! decisions, decisions! Stuff like that drives me bonkers. I probably haven't used my waffle iron since our kids lived at home either. I just keep pushing it back in the pantry. Maybe I'll pull it one day when the girls are here. Those greats are precious! Thanks for your sweet words about Bridget.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure what to say on the rug. Is there anyplace else where you can use it? Definitely butter and syrup. I haven't had any in years either. Glad you didn't have any flooding. There have been some terrible storms across the country. You are so blessed with your grands and great grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.