Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge

From this Side of the Pond

Our Wednesday Hodgepodge Hostess:  Joyce


1.  Tell us a little bit about the best birthday you've ever had.

The next one!

2.  In what way(s) have you changed in the last five years?


Five years ago this week, we celebrated our 52nd wedding anniversary with family in Hot Springs, AR.


This year we celebrated #57 at home with a different set of family.

How have I changed?  Besides the obvious age related differences, I'm thinking more about what we are passing on to the three generations now, and those to come.  Will they find that we were faithful to God's calling when that time comes?

I am also willing to spend a couple hours in the middle of the day watching a movie.  That may well be the greatest change.

3.  What's your favorite thing about the street on which you live?


This is an aerial view of our Village and my house if below the white arrow.  As you can see, my street does not distinguish itself from any other.  What does make it special for us are our neighbors and friends.  

The location of our community is one of the most desired in Plano right now, and that is good.  In fact, Shaquille O'Neal recently bought a home in an adjoining neighborhood down the street from us.

4.  The Hodgepodge lands on National Beer Day...are you a beer drinker?  What's a recipe you make that lists beer as one of the ingredients?  If not beer, how about yeast?

Don't drink or use beer and haven't used yeast in years.

5.  As I grow older I would like to be a woman (or man, if there are any men in the HP today) who is the face of Christ wherever I go, and especially at home.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

A few months ago I discovered the most amazing thing.

The Renpho Eye Massager stays on my nightstand.  It massages the eyes, sinus area, and temples with heat and hot air.  I use it to help relax and reduce eye strain.  It was wonderful while traveling.  It is also supposed to help relieve dark circles and eye bags, but I'm still waiting on that.

I wish I had had this when I was being plagued with migraines, but it does help relieve a nagging headache.

You can also connect it to Bluetooth music, but I'm still content with the repetitious music settings.  It runs for a 15 minute cycle, and a few times I have repeated the cycle.

I highly recommend this and have given it as gifts.  The only problem is it can't be used if you've had any kind of eye surgery.

Check it out HERE - Amazon


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

6 comments:

  1. Good neighbors are such a blessing. Congratulations on a long marriage...that should be celebrated every day : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your #5 answer. I want that too and as you said, especially at home. Strange how sometimes I can get so sassy and impatient with the one I love more than I ever would a friend or stranger,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your neighborhood looks so cool! Are four houses "hooked" together? That makes good use of property! Also, I love your answer to the birthday question!! Yes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful to live in a good neighborhood and to have neighbors who look out for you. Fun answer to the birthday question!! Congratulations on your long marriage. It's not the norm these days. Hope the rest of your week is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh... I wonder if that massage thing would help my sinus headaches.

    It's true about neighborhoods. All the houses can look the same but it's about the people who live inside those houses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three generations is so wonderful. Good for you watching a movie in the afternoon. The is very good news on where you are living. "In the face of Christ" is perfect. I like that. I love your random. It sounds very interesting. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.