Wednesday, September 14, 2022

The Wednesday Hodgepodge


Thank you Joyce From This Side of the Pond for this weeks Hodgepodge questions.


1.  What's something you've learned from a younger person?

This is easy because just about every person I know is younger than me.  LOL!

To not take life so seriously.  To be content with today and not try to live tomorrow before it arrives.

2.  Are you a perfectionist?  Elaborate?

Yes, by nature I would be considered a perfectionist.  I like order and sequence and things done right and well and everything in its place.  The chairs around my dining table must be placed in the exact right place, for example.  I am a stickler for towels and sheets folded a certain way, for symmetry and continuity.  However, there are areas and times, that I can easily just let it happen as they will.

3.  What makes you cringe?

I hope I'm not offending anyone reading this, but I cannot stand a woman's high-pitched, "screechy" voice.  I want to shake her and say, "Just. Speak. Normal!"

4.  September is National Honey month...do you have bees and make your own?  Know someone who has bees and they share?  Your favorite thing made with honey?

For a while when we lived in Shreveport, Louisiana we had a friend who had his own bees and kept us supplied with the most delicious honey.  Dick makes protein balls that combines honey with Black Strap Molasses that are yummy good.

5.  Where is your happy place?


My sunroom.  This is where Dick and I spend each morning in Bible Study, reading and talking.  It is here I come to all during the day and night to sit in my glider sofa and just be.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.


Today, Tuesday our church honored veterans and patriots with the Inaugural Veteran's Luncheon.  The Prestonwood Veteran's Organization (PVO) was recently established in order to reach veterans in our community.


We proudly attended as patriots' along with at least 300.


I love this picture.  It symbolizes so much about a veteran and their family.  The new National Anthem protocol now allows veterans to salute and this man proudly did so; however, he required his wife's shoulder in order to hold his arm at attention.  She lovingly allowed him to move to her left side and stood there to support him.  I wondered how many years she had done that in order to keep her family together when her husband served his country.  Wives are still doing that every day.


The speaker was veteran and former U. S. Representative, Allen West.  I have never heard a better and more encouraging message based on a Biblical Worldview.  He is such a strong Christian and Conservative leader in our state. 

Did you know Texas is currently rated as having the most military recruits, Gold Star Families, and resident veterans of any state in the nation?

Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

5 comments:

  1. Your sunroom is lovely! I have always thought how nice it would be to have a place like that for just the activities you mentioned. My great-aunt had a nice sunroom where she designed and worked on hooked rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sunroom! I can imagine sitting there everyday enjoying the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what your church is doing for veterans, a sometimes neglected population, and people we should be caring for. Your sunroom is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sunroom is so cozy and inviting. Love what your church did to honor veterans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your answers. I love your sunroom. It's so pretty and your photos from the event were amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.