Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Wednesday Hodgepodge Turns Blue


Just wanted to show off my beautiful kids with whom I could not be more pleased, enjoying events from last week.  Notice they are carrying out the blue theme.


John & Michelle celebrating a friend's wedding.


Christy & Chuck vacationing at the beach.

Thank you for joining us for this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge where Joyce gives us six things to ponder and answer.  Click HERE to join the discussion.

1. Are you currently making plans of any kind?

Yes

What kind?

I am planning an 80th birthday celebration for my husband the end of August.

What emotions are associated with the planning process?

I am excited to celebrate this milestone for my sweetie.  We will have a small gathering for family members who can attend, at our daughter's home in Dallas.  I am disappointed that our son and his family won't be able to attend due to pre-wedding events in Indiana for grandson Jackson that weekend.

Tell us about one plan you had to cancel due to the current situation which shall remain nameless. Ha!

We were unable to make our usual trip to Northern Indiana in May to visit our family up there.  Having to cancel that trip has made this the longest period of time we have ever gone without seeing each other.

2. Last time you saw stars, either literally or figuratively?

I can literally see stars on any given night if there isn't a cloud cover or a Sahara Dust covering the sky.

3. Blueberries yay or nay? Blueberry pie, blueberry muffins, blueberry yogurt, blueberries by the handful...what's your pleasure?

YAY to blueberries!  I like blueberry muffins, blueberry pancakes, and blueberry yogurt.  Not so much by the handful.  The most common way we use blueberries are frozen in our cereal and smoothies.

4. Swim against the tide, swimming upstream, in the swim, sink or swim, makes your head swim...choose one of the 'swim' idioms listed and tell us how/why you relate?

Some of the recent SCOTUS decisions make my head swim.
So much that has and is happening in our country makes my head swim.
Why medicare has suddenly denied payment for normal lab tests makes my head swim and my ire to rise.

5. Sum up your June in a single sentence.

June brought more hot, humid weather and some discontent, as well as time with some precious grands, family and friends.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.



While her family was on the beach, Sophie was my house guest last week.  I can't tell you how much we enjoyed this sweet one-eyed pup.



Savannah, who will be receiving her BA and MA degrees from Trine University next spring, has been working from home - literally all over the house - this summer.  She has had the assistance of the "cutest doggie in the whole wide world" (according to her adorers). Skye truly is the sweetest and such a princess just like her Savannah.

And this is my random thought week wrap-up.


Elizabeth "Libby" Day
Elizabeth "Libby" Day

Hello, My name is Libby. I enjoy reading good books, painting, blogging, spending time with friends and whatever my "Heart" leads me to do. Welcome to Beauty Without Within.

12 comments:

  1. Have fun planning, and celebrating, the 80th - what a milestone! Hopefully by Christmas, we will all be able to visit any family members we would like to. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your hubby! Hope you all have a wonderful celebration. I love the pictures of your family (that's something we need to do more often). Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your Hub! Beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely photos and an early happy birthday to your hubby! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I can't believe Dick will be 80. My goodness! He certainly deserves a celebration and I'm so sorry John and family cannot be there. But, I know it will be a special and lovely time. Love all the pics of the kiddos, good looking folks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you'll be able to gather with family for a special birthday celebration. Love all the family pics! Seeing people vacationing and going to weddings makes life seem almost normal. Enjoy this 4th of July weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful family photos. Glad you are planning a celebration for hubby's 80th. Something to celebrate for sure. Such a weird season of life for all of us right now. I do hope July brings better news... Happy 4th of July to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, your hubby doesn't look anywhere's near 80 y/o! That's certainly reason to celebrate, no matter the venue! Your family is certainly photogenic, and Sophie makes me smile all over.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the photos. Have a great birthday party! I love looking at the stars. I buy blueberries all the time and I also freeze them for smoothies. I agree with you on the SCOTUS decisions. The pups are cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tell Dick I said Happy Birthday and he's a sweet guy! After talking to him, and reading about you two in your blog, I think you are both extremely blessed, and your family is all simply amazing. They are all smart and beautiful and kind!! Love the cute little pups!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are living in interesting times, that’s for sure.

    Happy 89th to your guy, hope you have a great party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice post...insightful and thanks for sharing..do visit Beauty Guest Post

    ReplyDelete

I do love reading your comments, so please share your thoughts with me.